Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 10:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine)
RE: Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine)
(March 12, 2014 at 10:14 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
(March 12, 2014 at 9:57 am)TaraJo Wrote: The most alternative medicine I'll use is a melatonin pill when I need to get to sleep.

Actually, over here melatonin tablets stronger than 2mg are classified as medicine and can only be sold on prescription Smile

Really? What I get are 3mg pills with no prescription. Not sure where our legal threshold is, though.

I could regular sleeping pills, too, but I like melatonin because it gets me to sleep without feeling groggy when I wake up. If I take a regular sleeping pill, I'm out of it for the next 12 hours. Usually, when I need to get to sleep it's because I have something I need to do the next day and I need some sleep for that, so being basically unconscious for 12 hrs isn't a good idea.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine) - by TaraJo - March 12, 2014 at 10:26 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Americans spend $30 billion annually on alternative medicine Fake Messiah 26 4946 November 11, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas