Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Hell or Prison the best cure for immorality?
RE: Is Hell or Prison the best cure for immorality?
(March 21, 2014 at 3:45 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: I apologize for saying you are not bright but usually when an atheist argues about god in comparison to a human it is a strawman argument and intellectually dishonest. Back to the topic.....

I can only argue from my own experience; I'm not a mind reader so if you've got a disagreement over what I say it's probably due to you having some information or idea that I haven't come across yet. I won't lie here because... why would I? I don't exactly have a lot invested in this thread. Tongue

Quote:If you created a costume computer, highly complex and is automated do you have the right to destroy it unconditionally?

That depends: if it's just mechanisms then yes, I'd say so. However, if this computer is self aware and conscious, then there's a moral dimension present that there wouldn't be for a purely material thing. If the computer is self aware, even if I made it, then the same considerations would apply to it as it would to every other living being. I don't have the right to harm my children, and I don't have the right to senselessly harm or kill any other living being past a certain level of cognizance.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Hell or Prison the best cure for immorality? - by Esquilax - March 21, 2014 at 5:31 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 12027 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Technology and immorality vs religion and mortality dyresand 10 4578 June 28, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief Mudhammam 66 8923 April 22, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  From what I've heard, Heaven sounds like a prison. Jax 31 22368 April 6, 2011 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Emporion
  Should Religion be taught in Prison? Welsh cake 22 5541 October 7, 2010 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Skipper