Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do I waste time at Christian sites, I keep getting banned...
RE: Why do I waste time at Christian sites, I keep getting banned...
I think that a post about Ronald Reagan was one of the posts was that led to my being banned from two connected Catholic websites. I'm still pretty "conservative" -- whatever that means -- it is just the way I was programmed. I was very religious for a long time -- until I realized that it didn't make much sense...

I was like other "conservative Christians" I thought that Ronald Reagan was the greatest. And then I started looking at his voting record and his history..

Anyway somebody started a critical thread called "Republican Jesus". I argued that the Democrats were not much better than the Republicans and I posted a youtube video comparing Romney's views with Obama's and I also did a little post about Ronald Reagan. Nobody responded in any way to either. Here is part of the Ronald Reagan post:

ABORTION

Ronald Reagan (Democrat) - 1967 "Therapeutic Abortion Law" (Doesn't the name sound lovely?)

In 1967, California Governor Ronald Reagan, signed the Therapeutic Abortion Law. It allowed for abortion in cases of rape, incest, or where pregnancy would could endanger the mothers physical, or mental health. Where have you heard that before? Hint: Roe v. Wade, Mitt Romney, and the Mormon Churches position on abortion.

California and Colorado were the first states in the nation to legalize abortion.

DIVORCE

Ronald Reagan (Democrat) - 1969 "Family Law Act" (Doesn't the name sound lovely?)

In 1969, California Governor Ronald Reagan, signed the nation's first no-fault divorce bill -- the Family Law Act. It allowed one spouse to dissolve a marriage for any reason -- or for no reason at all. Ronald Reagan's first wife, Jane Wyman, had divorced him.

Michael Reagan said: "Divorce is where two adults take everything that matters to a child -- the child's home, family, security, and sense of being loved and protected, and they smash it all up, leave it in ruins on the floor, then walk out and leave the child to clean up the mess."

Fifteen years later every other state in the nation followed Ronald Reagan's lead and enacted no-fault divorce laws. And from 1960 to 1980 the divorce rate more than doubled.

AMNESTY TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Ronald Reagan (Republican) - 1986 "Immigration Reform and Control Act".

In 1986, US President Ronald Reagan, granted amnesty to over 3 million illegal immigrants. It resulted in an explosion in illegal immigration, that is now completely out of control. The message was clear. You don't have to go through the naturalization process, all you have to do is to get across the border, live here long enough, and you will be made a citizen.

DEFENCE SPENDING AND US DEBT

Ronald Reagan (Republican) - 1981-1986 Increased defense spending

US President Ronald Reagan increased the defense budget for an unprescedented six consecutive years. This led to a unsustainable bubble in the defense industry. In the early 1980s there were 50 large defense suppliers to the US Government. By 2004 there were five.

When Ronald Reagan took office in 1981 the federal debt was $994 billion (This was for the entire history of the US, up and until Ronald Reagan). When he left office in 1989 the debt was 2.9 trillion. He more than tripled the national debt. And he set a precedent of big defense spending that has gone completely out of control. It is now over 16 trillion.. And the US spends more money on defense than any other country in the world spends on their entire budget.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically I was posting that Ronald Reagan changed the morals in the US -- and bankrupted the country. He did pass some tax cuts, but later he also passed some of the largest tax increases in the history of the US.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do I waste time at Christian sites, I keep getting banned... - by SanDiegoGuy - July 27, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 20385 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 91682 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 2055 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Xhristards - Getting Stupider Every Day Minimalist 10 1246 July 25, 2018 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2959 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 28315 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why i became a protestant Christian Rispri 34 6946 February 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Keep Santa in Christmas Doubting Thomas 28 3062 December 7, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Catholics getting rid of layers of bullshit. Whateverist 17 2532 September 16, 2016 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 11070 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand