Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 3:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point
(September 1, 2014 at 2:31 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(September 1, 2014 at 2:22 pm)answer-is-42 Wrote: No dipshit I would state there is no evidence or reason to suggest such a scenerio exists. I accept the limitaitons of my knowledge and if future information contradicts that then I would be willing to evaluate such information. I am NOT making a positive statement (does nor does not exist). A gnostic arguement by definition does. Hell, maybe I'm a brain in a vat (doubt it though). regardless, anyone making a positive claim HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF - so prove it dumbass.
Lol dude, see the bold? Those are insults you directed towards me without any justification, it's called a personal attack fallacy - There is no evidence to suggest such a scenario exists - Therefore that scenario doesn't exist unless otherwise proven. If I said I was banging your mum right now would you believe that was a lie, or would you simply lack belief in it? Thinking
If you lack belief in god, you lack belief in santa klaus, you lack belief in dragons. I don't, I believe none exists, I know fairytales are bullshit, it comes down to this kind of simplicity. If you don't have balls to claim knowledge don't come insulting me just because you prefer the comfortable position. Btw I don't have the burden of evidence, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim of existence. Disproving the theist god is easy - God is omnipotent and omnibenevolent, evil still exists in the world, therefore god can't exist, ie the position of a gnostic atheist, not simply knowledge that 1 particular god claim is wrong

BlackMason, what's the problem?

No DIPSHIT a personal attack fallacy would be me claiming you are wrong BECAUSE you are a dumbass. I rather claim both you are wrong and you are a dumbass. (bold and caps are mine). Proof for you being a dumbass is your arguement. Proof for being wrong also happens to be your arguement.

Again - a positive statement requires proof. I know you are not banging my mom because she has been cremated, so good luck mother-not-fucker.

I have made no positive statements. By the way, statements that something does not exists is still a positive assertion. Any assertion requires some proof to it. I don't believe dragons exists because there is no proof of them is a different statement then I know dragons don't exists because ... {insert arguement}. The concept of dragons may have come from very large lizards prevelent in SE asia or they may have come from miss interpretation of skeletons of dinosaurs, who knows, but the core may have had a truth.
The fundamental question is the same -- what proof supports your claim?
I agree no proof supports the existence of god, but I have yet to see any proof that no god can exist.

BTW I AM NOT MAKING A CLAIM, I am requesting proof to a claim. If you claim there is no god then you (or any gnostic atheist) need to state your case.
You did state a case against the biblical god, but that is not the only god claim. If you see MY definition of a god {which i have also previously provided above in a previous reply} as simply a sentient being that created the universe (I do not believe such a creature exists, but I am not so closed minded as to reject evidence to contrary should it someday became available). I will commend you at the end for atleast trying to state a case. That is the type of dialogue I was actually hoping for.
I would like to hear a more broad arguement why NO god could exist, ie the position of a gnostic atheist as the title suggest, rather then just an arguement as to why the biblical god does not exist - which could be shared with any number of other philosophies including theists of other (non-Abrahamic) religions. For examples, there is no arguement against Bhrama or Thor or any other number of god claims or even yet un-voiced god claims in your arguement so it does not go to the root question.

Messages In This Thread
Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by answer-is-42 - August 17, 2014 at 1:55 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by answer-is-42 - August 24, 2014 at 10:38 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Bad Wolf - August 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by answer-is-42 - August 24, 2014 at 11:54 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Cato - August 25, 2014 at 6:56 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Dystopia - August 25, 2014 at 7:17 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by answer-is-42 - September 1, 2014 at 2:22 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Dystopia - September 1, 2014 at 2:31 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by answer-is-42 - September 3, 2014 at 11:19 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by answer-is-42 - September 4, 2014 at 12:41 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Chas - September 14, 2014 at 8:10 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by genkaus - September 14, 2014 at 11:33 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Dystopia - August 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by BlackMason - August 30, 2014 at 3:41 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by fr0d0 - September 13, 2014 at 5:38 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by ignoramus - August 25, 2014 at 1:37 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Angrboda - August 25, 2014 at 7:27 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by genkaus - September 13, 2014 at 4:10 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by DangerousElf - September 13, 2014 at 10:16 pm
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by One Above All - September 14, 2014 at 6:03 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by answer-is-42 - September 18, 2014 at 12:01 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by One Above All - September 18, 2014 at 2:44 am
RE: Hey Gnostic Atheist - prove your point - by Tonus - September 18, 2014 at 8:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 5784 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Hey Atheists Richi29 13 1522 July 24, 2020 at 12:48 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your point of living? joe90 82 11156 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why I'm an atheist, a point of confusion for many theists Asmodee 28 5659 December 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Can't prove the supernatural God maestroanth 235 23619 June 4, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: SilverFrog
  How to respond to "prove God doesn't exist" Help? dragonman73 11 3077 April 8, 2016 at 4:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Beatles song hey ya got to hide your love away is very relateable for forever single Rextos 3 1267 March 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  "Prove to me god doesn't exist" TanithDaUnicorn 67 9642 March 6, 2016 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  A Challenge to You All: Prove I'm not God FebruaryOfReason 40 6405 February 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  What is the point of anything? Nell 42 8720 February 13, 2015 at 12:31 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain