Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(September 26, 2014 at 7:18 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 6:50 pm)Natachan Wrote: No, it doesn't. How does the existence and labeling of a pattern indicate an intelligent designer? You haven't addressed this point. This pattern is simply a label we use, we made it up to explain certain phenomena. It is completely arbitrary to how we perceive the universe. So how does it indicate an intelligent designer?

We are led to believe that the creation of the universe and everything in it, are nothing more than a chain of random events, but yet upon closer examination we see the same sequence of numbers (or ratio) in the shape of the universe, down to shape of DNA, yet were supposed to believe this is random? just a matter of physics?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I went out last night.

Yes. Certain things happen in certain ratios simply due to the nature of matter. It also appears the same because, as I pointed out, it is convenient for us to use those labels because that is how we conceptualize the universe. There might be other systems of mathematics which rely on variables we don't understand in which case these ratios would be meaningless. But we don't conceptualize the universe that way.

Quote:Then explain why the honey bee reproduces in the same sequence? and why the ratio of the females divided by the males come out to the same ratio? reproduction has nothing to do with physics.

I'm not a biologist, so I can't give you a full answer. I will instead say (again) that we are pattern seeking animals and we tend to see things in that way. From what comments you've posted on this seems to just be a simple exponential growth curve, which seems fairly reasonable. Again, we are pattern seekers, this doesn't indicate an intelligent designer, nearly that we observe the universe in a specific way.

Now if I was a timeless entity I would create a mathematical system that relies on a variable in time. All my physics and number systems would rely on a system that worked in this fashion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. - by Natachan - September 27, 2014 at 8:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2426 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1370 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4116 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2942 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10244 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1821 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15338 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6312 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9738 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19155 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer