Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is one orgins story considered better than another
RE: How is one orgins story considered better than another
If Drich has an education in science then he has no excuse for this bull shit. None. Any university that would grant a bachelor of science to someone who made a statement like those he has put up here has done that person a gross disservice. I forgive the know-nothing's who spout this. They have no education in this. But to someone who has the education I have nothing but contempt.

Any science teacher will tell their students that nothing is taken on faith. Everything must be tested and retested. Everything must be corroborated by experimentation and observation. To push this home the physics class I took had us derive all the constants we used in lecture through experimentation. We had to demonstrate the laws of motion, energy, and other phenomena through work in the lab.

Then the claim that all work in science is based in faith. That we can't be sure. I work in research. Among one of the jobs we have is to test in the structures lab the bridges and roads to see if they are sound. We are given samples of the road and bridge material. Our job is to determine of the material is so deteriorated that it is unsafe for public use. If we say the material is too damaged, then the bridge is deemed unsafe. If it passes our tests, then we say the bridge is safe. Do you think that the departments of transportations that send us these samples take our word on faith? Or do they do so because of the repeated reliability of our results? (My professor once took a sledgehammer to a concrete pillar when someone doubted it wasn't safe. Hint: concrete isn't supposed to break that easy.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is one orgins story considered better than another - by Natachan - December 3, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 965 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Story John 6IX Breezy 115 10477 November 21, 2022 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 636 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 7431 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2728 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: GUBU
  angel story video form Drich 107 11021 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9541 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 8415 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? vorlon13 258 62000 October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 6640 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet