Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 8:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to change from islam to atheist
RE: how to change from islam to atheist
You are incredibly brave. Thank you for sharing your story. It will be of much benefit to not only the forum members but those who drop by just to read.

I know just what you mean. To me, it is so clear, and always has been, that all religions are ludicrous. Utterly insane. And now you're on the outside of it, you can see it for what it is. Religions are at best make believe, and at worst vile methods of control and justification for evil acts.

You're right, your parents have been indoctrinated just like everyone else. They are victims. When not only scolding but actual violence is used to "reinforce" belief, it is very easy for the brain to just delude itself into thinking it all makes sense. Especially at an early age, when you are still learning how to separate reality from fantasy. The fact that religion needs to bully children into believing it just shows that it makes no sense, and that it cannot rely on reason.

I hope your story will be an inspiration to others. It breaks my heart that you and so many others have been denied things, just because some stupid old book says so. If you ask a question and they have to tell you to shut up, hit you or talk nonsense, then it's clear you have poked a hole in it. And it's not hard to do, religion is held together with string and scotch tape.

I hope you can soon move to a free country. I am excited on your behalf at what it will be like for you! I think it will be like being released from a prison you didn't know you were in. Once you are a free citizen, all your fears about "being treated like a Muslim" will fade right away. You'll be able to do all those things that are "banned" instead of being stifled by maniacs who want to control you.

And in time, your fear of the wrath of Allah will fade as well, if it hasn't already. He's just another made up God, like the thousands before him. To make a point, you're not scared of any other God or hell right? Smile These are literally no different.

I am so sure that they are all fake that I call on all or any of them to strike me dead right now. They ain't gonna do shit because they're not there. It's only the zealots, thinking they are acting for Gods, that make anything happen in the real world.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
how to change from islam to atheist - by thanzi - December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by robvalue - December 18, 2014 at 6:16 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by abaris - December 18, 2014 at 6:19 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by robvalue - December 18, 2014 at 6:30 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by Exian - December 18, 2014 at 6:54 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by robvalue - December 18, 2014 at 7:13 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by Alex K - December 18, 2014 at 7:15 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by professor - December 18, 2014 at 9:01 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by robvalue - December 18, 2014 at 4:55 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by vorlon13 - December 18, 2014 at 5:08 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by thanzi - December 18, 2014 at 6:10 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by Elskidor - December 18, 2014 at 6:18 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by thanzi - December 18, 2014 at 6:27 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by robvalue - December 19, 2014 at 4:13 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by user - January 10, 2015 at 2:35 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by Thumpalumpacus - January 10, 2015 at 2:54 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by Forsaken - January 10, 2015 at 3:06 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by rexbeccarox - January 10, 2015 at 3:07 pm
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by thanzi - February 4, 2015 at 5:41 am
RE: how to change from islam to atheist - by Nope - February 4, 2015 at 6:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What made you change your views? pulzar 29 8851 July 21, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why I Left Islam And Became An Atheist mota 9 6800 May 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  My change to Atheism from Christianity (I'm 14) TheYoungAtheist 117 37021 July 3, 2011 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  My Change Hopppppppp 16 8362 April 29, 2010 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: EggSpurt