Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Lane Craig continues to desperately defend the indefensible.
RE: William Lane Craig continues to desperately defend the indefensible.
(March 8, 2015 at 3:33 pm)YGninja Wrote: The mutations all happen by random, you need them to randomly fall in your favour, time and time again, each one in a billion directly building upon the previous one in a billion until you have even built a system which would have survival implications for natural selection to select upon.

You clearly don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Mutations are random. When they have phenotypic presentation, then natural selection can act on them. They need not fall in the favor of the species, because evolution is not teleological. And natural selection can act on anything which has phenotypic expression.

Natural selection winnows out those mutations which are too deleterious. Mutations which have neutral effects will be pruned more randomly, and be subject to genetic drift. Mutations which are positive will be selected-for so long as there is selection pressure involved.

Additionally, mutation doesn't happen only in one individual, in sequence, as you seem to think. It happens constantly in all individuals in a population, which then mingle their mutations by way of sex.

Seriously, when you type shit this stupid, you damage the case you're trying to make. Surely you god has a representative who is capable of understanding what is, after all, a simple concept. If you're the best he's got, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

(March 9, 2015 at 3:57 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 9, 2015 at 3:25 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Just watching the theist make a fool of himself.
Was gonna way in but figured Esq would do it better.

Honestly? Feel free. I'm quickly running out of patience for the way this one flaunts his ignorance as though it's something to be proud of, and I have precious little time as it is- living in a rehab center as I am right now- to write multiple lengthy posts explaining in excruciating detail how biology actually works, only to have him disagree in the end anyway, because he came to his conclusion without looking at any of the evidence.

It's pearls in front of swine, brotha. The ignorance is strong with this one.

(March 9, 2015 at 3:57 pm)Esquilax Wrote: I may weigh in later when I have the time and inclination, but I have much better things to do right now, like take care of my wife.

Regards to the both of you. May her recovery be as quick and complete as possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: William Lane Craig continues to desperately defend the indefensible. - by Thumpalumpacus - March 9, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1911 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump. Jehanne 25 3167 August 30, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  PSA: RationalWiki -- William Lane Craig Jehanne 10 1570 December 14, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  William Lane Craig's drunken phone call. Jehanne 3 1261 January 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 26284 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5707 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 5027 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
  William Lane Craig unmasked. Jehanne 25 4228 December 7, 2016 at 11:27 am
  William Lane Craig denies the number zero. Jehanne 63 7623 October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm
  Dr. Craig is a liar. Jehanne 1036 104580 May 24, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: dom.donald