Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychosis - another reason to be anti-theist
RE: Psychosis - another reason to be anti-theist
(March 6, 2015 at 10:44 am)Losty Wrote:
(March 3, 2015 at 11:39 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Anyone can be psychotic if they have a mental illness, religious, atheist or whoever, sounds silly to me.

As always, P'slice, the point goes right over your head. I have no idea whether mental illness is more prevalent in religious people, atheists, or if it's mostly even. You could probably look up up some studies and find out. That's not the point though. Psychosis is a mental illness that should be treated. When a religious person has it they're more likely to attribute the voices in their heads to god and not seek medical treatment. That can have a negative effect on themselves and those around them and can prove to be very dangerous in extreme cases. Do you think god really tells religious mothers to murder their children? Or do you think religious mothers with mental illnesses attributed their illness to god? And if it's the latter do you think everyone involved would have been better off had the mothers gotten real treatment for their illness, rather than gone to church and praised <insert deity here> for choosing to speak to them? I'm looking forward to another ridiculous response.

I don't have to answer anyone's question to the way they want me to answer, I say what I want to say, and you yourself said plenty from what I said. Also not many churches just pray to god to heal someone who has mental problems, I have schizophrenia and my church never said I should not have proper treatment. All churches pray, but most of them also allow treatment for want ever, of course there are some like the Christian Science, but their idiots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Psychosis - another reason to be anti-theist - by psychoslice - March 12, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2346 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 488 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2115 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2101 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 803 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No reason justifies disbelief. Catharsis 468 44895 March 30, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 19412 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3575 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 12300 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 158394 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock