Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison, Wi now a safe haven for atheists!
RE: Madison, Wi now a safe haven for atheists!
(April 2, 2015 at 9:51 am)Dystopia Wrote: There's no reason for any nation to not protect minorities (or disadvantaged majorities)

Oh but there is.  It's not a reasonable reason or a rational one, but there is one.

It's the same reason the stereotype of the stupid American holds so strongly in the rest of the world; the reason is "It's all about me and what I'm comfortable with and the idea of something or someone being different terrifies me to an irrational extent and I want a neighorhood, city, state, nation of bland homogenous shit that is just like me."

The reason is selfish, introverted, bigoted, ignorant, apathetic narcissism.  Because that is what America is.  That is why we let corporations walk all over us while we worship them for being "job creators" who do everything in their power to maximize their profits no matter who they run over or how many people they step all over in their drive to satiate the stockholders by focusing blindly on the next quarterly report. 

We're a nation of greedy assholes, looking out for number one and saying "to hell with everyone else!  United we stand but only if we unify everyone by making everyone the exact fucking same as us!"  We're a nation of smug, self-righteous pricks and cunts who spend hours and billions watching sports games and drinking and pursuing almost nothing but self-indulgence but we won't spend a fucking hour a week paying attention to or giving a shit about the political decisions that affect not just us but hundreds of millions of others not just at home but abroad as well.  Why?  Because we just don't fucking care.  "We're the best nation in the world!  Go America!"

FUCKING SHIT I HATE THIS FUCKING COUNTRY THESE DAYS.  D8<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Madison, Wi now a safe haven for atheists! - by Creed of Heresy - April 2, 2015 at 10:24 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 4064 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1271 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh Yeah - This Will Make Us Safe..... Minimalist 11 2148 August 6, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Republicans STILL haven't learned anything about racism TaraJo 35 7084 February 28, 2014 at 1:09 am
Last Post: *Deidre*