Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 8:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried there might be an afterlife
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife
Well, this is going to be a bit difficult. We can't prove that there isn't an afterlife of some sort. No one has died and come back to tell us. Well, some probably claim to have done, but how exactly are we supposed to tell if they aren't lying or deluded? It depends on whether you are convinced by the stories of Near death experiences and reincarnation. I'm not, therefore I don't believe an afterlife exists.

And about ghosts. The level of trust you have with your friends and their motives to lie are irrelevant. They could simply be mistaken about the ghosts. They may really believe they've seen ghosts but they could just be wrong, just like UFO abductions. Have they ever presented any information? Like photographs or videos?

About the mind carrying on after death. All the evidence points to the idea that the mind is an eventuality of our brain. Without our brain, the mind doesn't exist. And we know from illnesses like Alzheimer's, that the mind becomes damaged along with the brain. The evidence suggests that the mind cannot exist or continue without a brain.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech

Messages In This Thread
Worried there might be an afterlife - by Razzle - April 3, 2015 at 9:38 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Razzle - April 6, 2015 at 6:47 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Alex K - April 6, 2015 at 6:54 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by robvalue - April 3, 2015 at 9:55 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Bad Wolf - April 3, 2015 at 10:00 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Razzle - April 6, 2015 at 6:55 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Little Rik - April 7, 2015 at 2:57 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Razzle - April 7, 2015 at 4:35 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Little Rik - April 7, 2015 at 5:38 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Angrboda - May 24, 2015 at 7:00 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by robvalue - April 3, 2015 at 10:08 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by JuliaL - April 3, 2015 at 10:53 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Razzle - April 3, 2015 at 3:28 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by robvalue - April 3, 2015 at 3:30 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Alex K - April 3, 2015 at 3:50 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by bennyboy - April 3, 2015 at 7:20 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Little Rik - April 5, 2015 at 11:00 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Mudhammam - April 3, 2015 at 7:48 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Minimalist - April 5, 2015 at 12:05 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Iroscato - April 5, 2015 at 9:01 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Mudhammam - April 5, 2015 at 9:04 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Iroscato - April 5, 2015 at 9:28 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Little Rik - April 6, 2015 at 6:32 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Iroscato - April 6, 2015 at 7:35 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by dyresand - April 6, 2015 at 9:11 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by Bad Wolf - April 7, 2015 at 6:31 am
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by cliffiegr - May 23, 2015 at 1:54 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by ignoramus - May 23, 2015 at 9:50 pm
RE: Worried there might be an afterlife - by bennyboy - May 26, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quantum Mechanics PROVE afterlife! bladevalant546 7 2329 November 27, 2013 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  If there is an afterlife... Darwinian 29 11879 December 31, 2010 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb