Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 11:19 am

Poll: With my atheistic schema send me to Hell?
This poll is closed.
Yes. You're going to Hell.
12.50%
3 12.50%
No. All dogs go to heaven, bitch.
4.17%
1 4.17%
No.
16.67%
4 16.67%
No, so eat, drink, and be merry!
66.67%
16 66.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism?
RE: Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism?
(April 3, 2015 at 1:46 am)robvalue Wrote: I "accept" all the suffering in the world, because I have no reason to think there is any alternative. This is reality. People and animals suffer, and it is absolutely horrible. It breaks my heart so much I have to block it out in order to function. I do what I can to ease the suffering, and to try and encourage others to do the same. But neither I nor anyone else has the kind of power needed to fundamentally alter how the universe works.

This is what you would expect from a group of evolved life forms on a rock flying through space. Bad shit is going to happen.

But just suddenly having God appear in the middle of all this mess is ridiculous. If you assume this planet and its life were somehow crafted, by someone who isn't a sick fuck, you would expect to see something entirely different. People's minds are grounded by the part of their brain that deals with reality and accepts suffering is just something that happens, but then contradicted by the part of their brain that says someone is behind all this and only wants good things. Where did all this horrible shit come from? God either designed or permitted every atrocious thing such as drowning in water, needing to keep eating or else you die a hideous slow death, bacteria which attack you and cause horrible diseases, the desire to rape and murder...

Or, if you think this is "good enough", and god really couldn't have done any better, then you think he is either incompetent or uncaring. He made the rules, remember.

Unless the rules were already there? Did he have to work around such arbitrary restrictions as "people have to suffer to appreciate happiness"?

Bah. I'm getting a bit tired of this. Apologising for God being such a dick sounds exactly like an abused spouse who is so mentally broken down they think they deserve the beatings they get, and that they need their abuser. The saddest thing of all is the fact that this abuse is coming from a figment of their own imagination. It makes me so sad Sad

If god exists which is impossible i wen't over this. He would be committing spiritual child abuse. 
And his followers for the most part has beaten wife syndrome. In the bible it say's you are commanded to fear and love god and that god loves you back.
Wait so they don't see the fear part they want the fluffy bunny god no they get the drunken dad holding a belt and a beer. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism? - by dyresand - April 3, 2015 at 10:04 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2379 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 21508 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1579 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2890 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 3164 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 10062 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD! drfuzzy 148 34483 January 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17751 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5127 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2900 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah