Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Going, "God."
Nice Going, "God."
http://ktla.com/2017/09/23/baptism-becom...arthquake/

Quote:Baptism Becomes a Funeral After Collapse of Church Where Ceremony Was Held During Mexico Earthquake

More "mysterious ways" horseshit, no doubt!
RE: Nice Going, "God."
Pshh, it was part of god's plan, DUH. This story is right up there with the family of five who was hit and killed by a train on their way to Sunday mass. Little girls in their little white dresses and everything.

If these were part of "God's plan" then he's a sadist, and also terribly inefficient.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Perhaps just something of a schmuck?

Or non-existent?
(September 23, 2017 at 7:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://ktla.com/2017/09/23/baptism-becom...arthquake/

Quote:Baptism Becomes a Funeral After Collapse of Church Where Ceremony Was Held During Mexico Earthquake

More "mysterious ways" horseshit, no doubt!

Mordant cover this very thing just a bit since.

(September 23, 2017 at 3:10 pm)mordant Wrote:
(August 25, 2017 at 8:46 am)ignoramus Wrote: Theists, are you comfortable knowing that the thing you worship will never reveal himself to you?
He will never help you when you are ill. He will never be your wingman in battle. Never protect you from harm.
Today I was with friends and the topic of the earthquake in Mexico City came up. It was mentioned that 11 members of a family were killed as they were attending a religious ceremony together at the time. I remarked that considering god is supposed to bless the righteous and confound the wicked, that is a pretty painful thing for a religious person to experience.

To my astonishment, one of my friends, who is not a church-goer or particularly even a theist, thought that remark was in bad taste as he somehow thought I was making fun of these folk's misfortune when I was objecting to it.

Religious people -- or those who sympathize with them (this guy's wife is a devoted member of the Salvation Army) don't want to even have it pointed out that god will never help you or reveal himself to you. Or any other inconvenient truth.

So my conclusion is that yes theists are perfectly comfortable as they simply pretend these things aren't issues. All they see is life's blessings, which they attribute to their god, and everything else is all the fault of specific humans or humanity in general or some proxy like Satan, or -- to the extent god has anything to do with it, it's his "Mysterious Ways". Easy-peasey.

And my personal favourite?

Quote:In August 1769 lightning struck the tower of the Church of San Nazaro on Brescia, Italy. In the vaults of the church over 200,000 pounds of explosive was stored. The resulting explosion killed 3000 people and destroyed a large part of the city.

Why do people laugh at Catholics? We aren’t given an option.

Cunty cunt cunt. I've just lost a post cos of this cunty forum's cunty software.

Quote:November 1, 1755 was to be a sunny autumn day in the city of Lisbon one of the most important and richest seaports of Europe at the time. The locals were profoundly religious and the city was preparing to celebrate the day of All Saints, with the obligatory criminal proceedings of heretics in the afternoon.

Quote:At 9:40 all the bells of the city began to ring simultaneously and only seconds later the first buildings collapsed. Three major shakes followed in the next 10 minutes, most people were killed by the collapse of the churches, full of believers attending the second mass of the day,

Quote:The earthquake had wide-ranging effects on the society and culture in Europe. The earthquake had struck on an important religious feast and had destroyed almost every important church in a devoted Roman Catholic city.

Quote:Theologians and the religious authorities - like the Jesuit Malagrida in Lisbon - exploited the situation and the superstitiousness of the people, declaring that the earthquake was a punishment by god for the sins of the world

Quote:But why then should god destroy the churches and spare the brothels?

That's because there is no God. None, not one, no God, never was.

I'll be surprised and alarmed if y'all aren't familiar with this, but here it is again.

It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Why were they storing explosives in a church?  That's very mysterious!
It's curious how theists would rationalise something like that... but I guess if they were alive to do the rationalising they always would and it would come down to this: "God nearly killed me, but didn't. Praise the Lord!"
Indeed:

[Image: a1Ag7V0Km_840w_v1.jpg]

[Image: thanking-god-for-sparing-you-in-a-natura...758551.png]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 23, 2017 at 10:19 pm)emjay Wrote: It's curious how theists would rationalise something like that... but I guess if they were alive to do the rationalising they always would and it would come down to this: "God nearly killed me, but didn't. Praise the Lord!"

But he nailed all those other fuckers to the wall!
(September 23, 2017 at 10:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(September 23, 2017 at 10:19 pm)emjay Wrote: It's curious how theists would rationalise something like that... but I guess if they were alive to do the rationalising they always would and it would come down to this: "God nearly killed me, but didn't. Praise the Lord!"

But he nailed all those other fuckers to the wall!

Yeah I get that, but I doubt that would be at the forefront of a theist's mind... pretty much ever. Such is how prayer and thanking god always works; no failure standards... something is ether good, or it hasn't happened yet and just needs more waiting... there's no concept of a non-answer or a negative answer.
I guess this is why there are so many Christian denominations: after some time people realize prayers don't work and bad things keep happening to the point that they can't torture themselves "explaining" it any more so they re-boot it and re-boot it on and on every time thinking they stumbled on "real" Christianity either by creating new one or switching to new one.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2293 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1503 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2739 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 3001 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9157 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD! drfuzzy 148 33577 January 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5060 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6291 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2767 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Nice Work Jesus....ya scumbag. Minimalist 50 5587 June 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist