Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 4:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom
RE: Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom
It's less that I'm not interested, and more that I'm not optimistic about the odds of it achieving any kind of success. My chances of remission are very low, and after a behavioral remission, my chances of slipping into a relapse are very high. Hard to want to do something if you know beforehand that all your effort has a high chance of being a colossal waste of time and resources.

Still. I don't see any real alternative.

As far as the counter-culture thing goes, the answer is yes. The goth scene is, however, not as dreary as you might think. First and foremost it's a scene based off of a musical genre, and tends to extend into other musical genres. The aesthetic part is a secondary part of it, and isn't based off of mood or personality as much as a fashion preference that tends to associate with the scene and genres. The attitude part is a stereotype that typically only extends to the moody, angsty high-schoolers. If you want an example of why the perception of goths as being all a bunch of whining mopers as a result of the CC itself is a load of bullshit, look up Aurelio Voltaire. He's a popular musician in the gothic CC, and is known for his up-beat, cheerful personality, despite being madly in love with the CC to the fullest extent.

The goth CC is about acceptance. The motifs of death and darkness, gloom-n-doom are not meant to evoke sadness or glorify unhappiness; they're meant to evoke the acceptance of the inevitable; pain, conflict, death. Things that everyone will have to go through to some extent, save for the latter in which everyone will have to experience to the fullest extent. It's about accepting these things, about rejecting the fear of them.

"We destroy our enemies when we make peace with them."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom - by Creed of Heresy - April 4, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mysterious monolith found zebo-the-fat 35 1634 December 7, 2020 at 9:48 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Robvalue's video collection robvalue 235 52962 November 6, 2018 at 10:37 am
Last Post: brewer
  Mysterious Packages SteelCurtain 8 734 January 26, 2017 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The brown coats corner Lemonvariable72 4 1025 May 18, 2014 at 4:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Creed sven 5 1536 April 26, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: sven
  The whining corner BrokenQuill92 2 978 December 31, 2013 at 8:41 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Creed's Ramble Thread Creed of Heresy 35 6221 September 23, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: John V
  Bill Maher's "Rules About Religion" collection. Brian37 9 3961 June 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3185 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Angels Poetry Corner OTNAngel 5 1818 September 15, 2012 at 1:13 am
Last Post: Cyberman