Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 1:49 pm

Poll: With my atheistic schema send me to Hell?
This poll is closed.
Yes. You're going to Hell.
12.50%
3 12.50%
No. All dogs go to heaven, bitch.
4.17%
1 4.17%
No.
16.67%
4 16.67%
No, so eat, drink, and be merry!
66.67%
16 66.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism?
RE: Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism?
(April 9, 2015 at 6:45 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Oh, and as for relying on science to solve the next disease or disaster...
Ever contracted smallpox? Didn't think so.
Ever suffered from polio? Me neither!
Ever had to cook your food and keep warm by using an open fire or the warmth of the sun alone? What's that? Electricity you say? Ah, alright then.
Ever caught an infection in your leg and then died a slow agonising death from it? No? Antibiotics, eh? Huh, if you say so.
Ever broken a bone and had absolutely no way of healing it or even seeing the state it's in to have some idea of repairing it? X-rays? Hah! What nonsense!
Ever had your house collapse on you? No? Wonder if basic architectural advancements has something to do with that.
In its relatively short time of existing in its current form, science has saved billions. Your 'God' has so far allowed around 90-120 billion humans to die during the history of homo sapiens sapiens, often in unendurable agony or horrific sickness. I know which one I have more 'faith' in.

I have no argument with you about the benefits that science has enabled us to enjoy and I wouldn't advocate discontinuing scientific research. We have eliminated many of the things which cause us to suffer. The problem is we still suffer. We've cured polio, and now we're we're working on AIDS and ebola. When we find cures for these, there will be other diseases. Cancer has become greatly more prevalent during the last 100 years. We still encounter natural disasters that kill thousands of people each year. Rob was talking about how terrible the world is, having all the disasters, diseases, and other terrible things. He stated that in order to get through life, he had to pretend that these terrible things didn't exist. I brought up that for those of us who believe, God ensures that we get through these experiences well. I have much peace and confidence knowing that whatever happens, l'll always be okay--even if I lose everything I own, or even die.

(April 9, 2015 at 6:36 pm)Iroscato Wrote: 2) After we die, there is nothing waiting for us on the other side. It is quiet, it is peaceful, and you and your consciousness cease to exist.

How do you know this?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism? - by Lek - April 9, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2379 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 21509 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1579 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2890 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 3164 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 10062 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD! drfuzzy 148 34485 January 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17751 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5127 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2900 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah