Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do republicans and christians have against women
RE: what do republicans and christians have against women
Adrian: From the outside looking in, the Republican Party walks, talks and looks like the Neo-Conservative Republican party. In fact, I'd go as far to call them fundamentalist neo conservatives. Initially, the Neo Conservatives were opposed to women's rights, but changed their tune in later years to win votes. When you look at the wives of openly Neo Conservative politicians, you see a snapshot of 1950's americana parading itself around as an example of goodness and purity.

You could argue that not all republicans are neo-conservatives, but considering this is an atheists forum, you can see how that argument doesn't carry much weight. If it walks like a Neo Conservative, talks like a Neo Conservative and acts like a Neo Conservative... it's a Neo Conservative. And if you support it, you condone it.

That said, I agree with you. There are some good republicans, and it's a shame they have to be tarred with the same brush, but in reality it's impractical to say there are some good republicans and some bad republicans because the threat posed by bad republicans outweighs the promise posed by good republicans. So all republicans are bad. That's a productive rule of thumb at the moment.

I'm sorry if that upsets you. Perhaps you can take a more active role to try and shape your party's image.

Messages In This Thread
RE: what do republicans and christians have against women - by gargantuan - September 20, 2010 at 8:17 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women and Assault FrustratedFool 17 1238 September 2, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2241 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination brewer 36 3353 March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 6281 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  An honest question for the Republicans Foxaèr 26 1378 November 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question About Republicans DeistPaladin 13 1371 September 22, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 855 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
Big Grin Democrats VS Republicans I believe in Harry Potter 17 2068 October 28, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 5323 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 635 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer