Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 12:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax?
RE: [Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax?
(July 5, 2015 at 2:23 pm)pool Wrote: So if i confine n to be less than infinity and conclude that Past is in the Present(According to my reasoning)then my argument is valid?

No. If you confine n to be less than infinity, you do not come to the conclusion that the present is in the past (you keep getting that part backwards!). It is because of the mistake of letting n = infinity, that your conclusion would come to the present being in the past.

(July 5, 2015 at 2:23 pm)pool Wrote: You're also saying this: "I am saying that even if your earlier reasoning was correct (which it isn't)".
You're saying that my earlier reasoning is incorrect - please elaborate?

I already did that a couple of times. 1/infinity = zero. Zero seconds before the present is the present. Your earlier mistake was saying that that was the past.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax? - by IATIA - July 4, 2015 at 12:11 pm
[Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax? - by KUSA - July 4, 2015 at 12:01 pm
RE: [Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax? - by Cato - July 4, 2015 at 3:10 pm
RE: [Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax? - by Pyrrho - July 5, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body Future luxilius 8 1685 November 8, 2014 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Where are the people from the future? lifesagift 42 7287 September 5, 2014 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Exian
  Your memory rewrites the past and edits it with new experiences, study finds Gooders1002 6 2246 March 22, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: tor
  moon landing hoax? xxxtobymac 65 13244 November 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas