Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 9:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for both Christians and Muslims.
RE: Question for both Christians and Muslims.
How this discussion will probably unfold:
Theist: Well some people are born bad and disbelieve where as others become bad and disbelieve.
Atheist: Doesn't God know whos going to be a disbeliever full stop? Why doesn't he just not create them?
Theist: Everyone is subject to freewill, their beliefs are their choice.
Atheist: But God is supposedly omnipotent, that would mean he knows how everything will take place whether freewill is involved or not. Doesn't it?
Theist: The mind of God isn't known to me, what his intentions are I cannot say.
Atheist: As far as I know it isn't known to anyone, ever. There isn't even any evidence a God has ever existed.
Theist: Judging from your standard of evidence, yes.
Atheist: What is your standard of evidence?
Theist: I know God to be real through personal experience, I am blessed by his presence. That is my evidence.
Atheist: Can you prove that to be anything other than excess dopamine and adrenaline brought on by a delusion? In short, do you have anything other than a feeling?
Theist: The presence of God is transcendent, it isn't something that can be tested. (random bible passage)
Atheist: How convenient, well in that case I have an invisible friend whos far more powerful than your God and equally immune to testing.
Theist: You're lying.
Atheist: Now what makes you say that?
Theist: I'm done, you're obviously too stupid to come up with a reasonable argument.
Atheist: Really? I thought I just mirrored your stance. Insults and a retreat, typical. I'd explain what burden of proof is but I don't want to pay for cleaning up the mess it'd cause when your head explodes from trying to hold an intelligent thought.
RaphielDrake: *ziiiip* *FLOP* :-)
Theist: ...
Atheist: ...
RaphielDrake: Awwww yeeeeeah.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for both Christians and Muslims. - by Reforged - July 10, 2012 at 4:10 pm
RE: Question for both Christians and Muslims. - by jonb - July 11, 2012 at 8:18 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for Christians and Muslims Fake Messiah 24 2743 February 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: no one
  Muslims chime in...... Brian37 4 965 May 3, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How Do Christians Feel About the Testimony of Muslims and Vice Versa? Rhondazvous 24 4606 September 22, 2017 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muslims drink human feces. WinterHold 25 7474 September 21, 2017 at 1:46 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My favorite muslims bennyboy 46 7397 August 7, 2016 at 7:51 am
Last Post: RobertE
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1582 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Muslims opinions on ISIS Heat 21 4201 December 1, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Muslims Napoléon 147 21734 November 24, 2015 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is the ''Only a minority of Muslims are radical'' true? TheMessiah 77 19562 June 17, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Open letter to hard line muslims lifesagift 0 1003 November 13, 2014 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: lifesagift