Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My favorite muslims
My favorite muslims
We often attack the ideas, and even the religions in general.  But I'd like to acknowledge a few particular Muslims who I respect or who have contributed a lot to society.

Here's a recent one that we probably all know about now. The first one is one of the best speeches I've ever seen:

RE: My favorite muslims
Notice that the wife didn't say anything.

'Nuff said
(August 1, 2016 at 8:46 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Notice that the wife didn't say anything.

'Nuff said

I thought I asked you to stop trolling? Now I'm telling you.
(August 1, 2016 at 8:47 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(August 1, 2016 at 8:46 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Notice that the wife didn't say anything.

'Nuff said

I thought I asked you to stop trolling?

I'm not trolling here.
Right, you're just taking the exact same view that Trump did.
(August 1, 2016 at 8:49 am)Tiberius Wrote: Right, you're just taking the exact same view that Trump did.

*sigh*

Yes, and if that's a bannable offense now, then go right ahead.
To be fair, Tibs, maybe she just didn't watch the second video, 'cause I thought the same thing before I watched it and I didn't even know what Trump said.

But I don't know, I'm not trying to get involved or anything.
(August 1, 2016 at 8:53 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(August 1, 2016 at 8:49 am)Tiberius Wrote: Right, you're just taking the exact same view that Trump did.

*sigh*

Yes, and if that's a bannable offence now, then go right ahead.
The only real problem I have with making rules against trolling is that it's hard to tell if and when one is displaying a controversial view one doesn't really hold simply to mock, deride and annoy people or to generate discussion, the second of which happens all the time - people do it and don't even know it. Like I've stopped myself a lot of times in the middle of a debate, realizing I didn't really hold some view I was defending, but that I was probably only pretending to in order to have a discussion about it to better understand the issue myself.

Sorry for the off-topic, I don't know what came over me.

On-topic, I liked both videos. This seems like a reasonable human being indeed, and I appreciate his words and am sorry for his loss.
Maybe the wife is just a mother and a wife, and doesn't want to stand in front of like 20,000 people and talk about her dead son.

Anyway, how many times did Hillary stand behind Bill when he was giving a speech? Did anybody ask why Hillary didn't jump up and grab the mic? Why? Why should she?
If sharing Trump's views should become a bannable offense, I'll set my avatar on fire in protest. That being said, all Trump supporters should get run over by a tricycle.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for Christians and Muslims Fake Messiah 24 2579 February 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: no one
  Muslims chime in...... Brian37 4 945 May 3, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How Do Christians Feel About the Testimony of Muslims and Vice Versa? Rhondazvous 24 4537 September 22, 2017 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muslims drink human feces. WinterHold 25 7435 September 21, 2017 at 1:46 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1572 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Muslims opinions on ISIS Heat 21 4160 December 1, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Muslims Napoléon 147 21597 November 24, 2015 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is the ''Only a minority of Muslims are radical'' true? TheMessiah 77 19353 June 17, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Open letter to hard line muslims lifesagift 0 990 November 13, 2014 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: lifesagift
  The power of faith directed at Christians and Muslims Mystic 8 4669 October 28, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: Spectrum