Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron
RE: Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron
Well, I was counting the justice system, enforcement of property rights, contract law, anti-fraud stuff... as sticks =P, just meant that I wasn't advocating for anarchy or a situation where companies can do literally anything they might want to, can't think of a carrot tbh*...

My catalogue of sticks is about a page long and is applied justly =P

*except in the sense that the sticks are used to protect, to create a safe free market environment. No handouts but, no true carrots Tongue

Free market: (I won't bother with much anti-corporatism, though I do think that under the current system such things are inevitable (so long as politicians have a lot of power over the markets...), as it's no-one's ideal mixed market (except for those at the top)) No taking from you to pay for things you don't support, might not want to buy. Taxes are cut, what is there for the government to pay for aside from some basics like the courts and national defence? I would argue that it's a purer form of democracy, the customers deciding what products survive and spread (rather than bureaucrats) each voting with their wallets. Much easier to start a business (which fosters competition, driving down prices). Tax compliance* and regulatory compliance costs, nearly gone (cheaper products),...
Moral argument: it's based on voluntary interactions between consenting individuals.

Edit: Ah, you want very detailed explanations... purely utilitarian?
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron - by Darth - November 15, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When You DON’T Live In A Dystopian Hellscape BrianSoddingBoru4 8 681 August 14, 2022 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1038 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9975 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's fill Biden's cabinet. Gawdzilla Sama 54 4146 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Let's give the orange turd a nobel prize. ignoramus 15 1216 September 25, 2019 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2548 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1309 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  One Ass-Kicking And Republicunt Marsha Blackburn Changes Her Tune Minimalist 6 987 August 14, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey Fuckface- When It Reaches Ken Starr Territory You Can Let Us Know Minimalist 0 386 May 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yeah, yeah. Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out Minimalist 0 631 March 31, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist