Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 2:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect?
RE: Male Bats Caught Performing Oral Sex on Females
(April 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(April 2, 2013 at 12:19 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Why assume all people who think Atheists are bad people for not believing in God are bigots or assholes or bad people?

Because unless you live in a hole in the ground, chances are you have encountered people in real life who do not believe in god, or who do not believe in your god, and it takes terribly childish behavior - terribly bigoted behavior - to continue to think that they are horrible people in the face of evidence to the contrary.

We do not live in an isolated world any more. And if you are on the internet, you're even less isolated.

No that takes rational thinking. I know as a Muslim before, I had an "on" and "off" switch. I didn't realize this on and off switch till after disbelieving.

You see good in people, you thank people, but then you read they are evil unjust people condemned to hell.

It's a contradiction.

But most of the time, they have the "off" switch on. However, when they are debating on the internet, they will have the "on" switch.

And person that solely lives on the switch, is severely indoctrinated. And indoctrination is like a illness to an extent that you have to defeat.

My mom once when reading Suratal Kaffiroon, came up to me, and points at me "for being a disbeliever". Most of the time, she treats me with respect though.

I don't even know if it's cognitive dissonance, or it's something else....but I would be upset if say a very minority of humans had it. But seeing the majority has it, I'm not saying there isn't choice, but there is a lot of factors and influence in this double thinking.

From naturalism perspective, perhaps it was necessary to honour your own people, while at the same time dishonouring your enemies, while at the same time honouring their humanity when at peace and having good relationships with them when at peace. Perhaps evolution produced this double thinking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 2, 2013 at 6:19 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 2, 2013 at 6:18 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 4, 2013 at 7:16 am
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 4, 2013 at 8:02 am
RE: Male Bats Caught Performing Oral Sex on Females - by MysticKnight - April 2, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck the word "respect". Brian37 31 5428 September 5, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question Respect in the face of ignorance? Napoléon 35 9737 September 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: bozo