Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japanese politician: rape was necessary during WW2
RE: Japanese politician: rape was necessary during WW2
(May 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm)ideologue08 Wrote: Well they were atom bombed as you said, so that was punishment enough in my opinion. If you include all the earthquakes and tsunamis as well, they took a beating.

Hi there

The above (in bold) is fair enough.

But what I dislike is that - Japanese children do not learn of their nations death camps, the medical and military experiments carried out on humans, the millions of murders, massacres and atrocities they committed against civilians and POWs, the rapes, the beheadings, the slavery (including sex slavery) etc etc - all in the name of Imperial Japan.

Their schools books do not always feature these things, or feature them accurately.

http://spice.stanford.edu/docs/134
http://www.japanfocus.org/-Mark-Selden/3173

Worse, their Government to this day insists they violated no forms of international law.

German children learn all about the Nazis and the holocaust. Other nations (American, Britain) teach their children about crimes they have committed - colonialism, slavery etc. Catholic schools study the crusades and all the bloodshed which went along with those.

So, why do the Japanese get to simply wash their hands?

If humanity is to avoid mistakes, surely we must learn from the mistakes? Which includes acknowledging them and talking about them.

I understand that they got a bit of retribution with atom bombs - but that was not intended as "punishment", but that was simply to save the lives of Allied troops by avoiding the need to physically invade the Japanese home islands. (I am sure the chance for American to test out its new shiny atom bombs - as well as send a public message to the Soviets - had some influence too).

Teaching their kids about Japan in WW2 would not be "punishment" either, this would be part of "reconciliation" (which is a good thing).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japanese politician: rape was necessary during WW2 - by Gabriel Syme - May 21, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2216 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 295 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 318 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I Don't Know If This Is Necessary, Rod. Minimalist 2 317 September 21, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So Trump can insult a Gold Star family, brag about rape, brag about molesting kids NuclearEnergy 23 5065 May 7, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Trump was not wearing translator earpiece during Japan PM speech. The Industrial Atheist 4 1106 February 28, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: abaris
  "Crooked Hillary" cheated during the debate! Damning evidence! Aegon 20 2539 September 30, 2016 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Japanese woman killed by American marine. WinterHold 21 2829 May 27, 2016 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Republicans looking for Hilary transcripts to leak during the general election ReptilianPeon 8 1414 May 12, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Hillary Clinton might be the most political politician ever Aegon 20 3512 February 9, 2016 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII