Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the fuss about voter supression about?
What is the fuss about voter supression about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptswiDHQf0E

Where I live, the local magistrate at which you are registered as a resident sends you a voting conformation letter (3-4 weeks before election), if you dont receive one you can call the magistrate and demand one. (if you still dont receive one you can sue the goverment for denying you your voting right.) When voting you have to take that letter with you and a photo ID to the polling station, after showing both to a commission set up by representatives of all political parties, independent observers and local authorities and they confirm your identity, you receive your ballot from that commision and can vote in a booth. So I must honestly say that I dont understand the fuss.

The only occasions of voter fraud and denial of voting rights I was aware of here, was a group of people who tried a sceem at various local elections by registering to be the residents of various different places in various different states and thereby receiving a big amount of voting conformation letters and then voting several times - and that sceem was exposed.

I am aware that there is still more racism in the South of the US, but I do not believe that any Southern state or better put: any governor and goverment of a Southern state, will risk the bad press resulting out of fixing a voting commission and voting requirements in such a way that people are denied the right to vote on the basis of color. I really dont think that it is a far strech to demand photo ID from a voter to confirm his identity.

There are things I find more disturbing about the US voting situation such as: Why do you deny former criminals the right to vote?

Messages In This Thread
What is the fuss about voter supression about? - by Something completely different - August 14, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Pro voter tips. Gawdzilla Sama 0 164 October 21, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  US Voter Fraud Is Real! BrianSoddingBoru4 5 502 July 15, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So Not Every WLB Voter Was a Racist Retard. Minimalist 16 1149 October 29, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I'm a Florida voter now :huh: rexbeccarox 32 2917 August 31, 2018 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Actual case of voter fraud Doubting Thomas 10 1555 October 31, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Samantha Bee - The Result of Voter Apathy 2010 Minimalist 4 841 May 11, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  New Nork Voter Purge: Party afflliation of over 100,000 Democrats changed ReptilianPeon 5 1060 April 20, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Do the Wisconsin voter suppression law favour Sanders or Clinton more? ReptilianPeon 7 1489 April 6, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Voter ID laws and Marriage Heywood 33 5893 November 5, 2014 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  AH HA! An Actual Case of Voter Fraud... Minimalist 1 916 June 24, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle