Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The biblical exodus and the Biblical Jewish kingdom.
RE: The biblical exodus and the Biblical Jewish kingdom.
Years ago as I recall the theory of Moses was that he was probably based on a real historical figure and that he was a follower of Akhenaten who followed the one true God Aten, rejecting all the other Egyptian Gods. This appears to have fallen out of favour more recently but I haven't kept up with the historical developments.

I've even seen theories that Moses was Akhenaten but that appears to be a newer strand I haven't investigated at all.

If Moses was a follower then once Akhenaten died and Egypt returned to the old pantheon of Gods its not such a stretch that he went on the run with a small band of followers. There is, however, nothing to tie these people to the family and friends of Joseph.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The biblical exodus and the Biblical Jewish kingdom. - by max-greece - December 11, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Un-united Kingdom is fucked now Edwardo Piet 314 31326 July 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Why were top nazi officials Jewish? I and I 20 4747 January 2, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Jewish crackpots get hysterical in Scotland A_Nony_Mouse 50 14705 May 14, 2013 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Gabriel Syme
  the eventual circumcision ban, and the german jewish communitie Something completely different 7 2960 September 28, 2012 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Whatkins
  I think the biblical minimalists are right Justtristo 0 794 October 26, 2011 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Justtristo
Smile Proposal for the Reformation of the EU Migrant Labour within the United Kingdom Cerrone 23 5704 November 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Ashendant
  Roman kingdom thread leo-rcc 10 4178 May 21, 2009 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Giff