Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 6:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity
(December 25, 2013 at 1:41 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(December 24, 2013 at 1:23 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: In Essence I am a Gnostic Christian that does not believe your bibles claims please prove me otherwise.

If you aren't convinced of the claims of christianity, wouldn't that make you an agnostic Christian? Gnosticism refers to professions of knowledge, so it's kinda the opposite of what you're saying. Thinking

Hey,

Gnosticism refers to professions of knowledge as a way to obtain Enlightenment which gives Eternal Existence. I do not claim our God is a personal God and does has he pleases - This is where my view lines closer with Deism.

I cannot get myself to believe in the Bible - People here and other places and forums have clearly shown how flawed the book is, Considering a lot of the text was written not by the source itself and was altered by the different councils with political agendas I cannot say I can base my belief on it. It is also not very co-coherent.

I believe that to experience eternal life is through searching for Truth and Knowledge. I believe in turn Knowledge will lead us to eternal life for an example of my view think of (Stargate SG1 and Daniel Jackson).

Jesus death on the cross for our salvation never sat right with me, It makes absolutely no sense to say that God got killed by his own creation because he loved them but could not forgive them unless he himself was murdered?

My gnostic view is that Jesus came to earth to each Wisdom and the path to enlightenment. I believe that his death on the cross was not for Christians but as a way to reconcile Spiritual Good and Spiritual Evil.

The other thing that always troubled me with Christianity is that the other two major Religions (Judaism and Islam) both taught that God was the Ultimate above all. It even time and time again warned about placing other people as God. Heck even Jesus showed subordination to his 'Father' - I think the line that proves this is the fact that Jesus said.

Quote:Matthew 24:36 - "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

This shows that Jesus is NOT GOD. Otherwise he would have said what the Hour is! He also elaborates that it will be 'Like the days of Noah' which indicates that he cannot even see the future otherwise I am sure he would give a description.

This is the reason for me becoming a Gnostic I believe that the Church has left important documents out and have kept them for themselves so that they can achieve eternal life but everyone else will not. Do you really think the Vatican secret archives does not have some Wisdom in there? Heck why is the Catholic Church the Largest Church on the planet for so many thousands of years surely they have some information about Manipulation of Forces.

My two cents.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by themonkeyman - December 24, 2013 at 1:23 pm
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by Neo-Scholastic - December 24, 2013 at 4:28 pm
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by Godschild - December 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by Ksa - December 24, 2013 at 11:08 pm
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by Esquilax - December 25, 2013 at 1:41 am
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by themonkeyman - December 25, 2013 at 7:44 am
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by Drich - December 25, 2013 at 10:23 am
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by Minimalist - December 25, 2013 at 11:13 pm
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by themonkeyman - December 25, 2013 at 9:55 pm
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity - by WesOlsen - December 25, 2013 at 11:26 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnostic Christians? Won2blv 5 2593 May 7, 2017 at 2:13 am
Last Post: J a c k
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7028 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18447 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
Lightbulb Gnostic gospels study group Doubting_Thomas 6 3886 October 13, 2012 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Doubting_Thomas
  Gnostic Christianity Retorth 3 2540 September 26, 2009 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Violet