Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Hell or Prison the best cure for immorality?
RE: Is Hell or Prison the best cure for immorality?
(March 21, 2014 at 5:31 am)Esquilax Wrote: I can only argue from my own experience; I'm not a mind reader so if you've got a disagreement over what I say it's probably due to you having some information or idea that I haven't come across yet. I won't lie here because... why would I? I don't exactly have a lot invested in this thread. Tongue

You are not a minder reader? May I direct you to one? His name is Uncle LeRoy, he charges Two Fitty up front Tongue

Quote:That depends: if it's just mechanisms then yes, I'd say so. However, if this computer is self aware and conscious, then there's a moral dimension present that there wouldn't be for a purely material thing. If the computer is self aware, even if I made it, then the same considerations would apply to it as it would to every other living being. I don't have the right to harm my children, and I don't have the right to senselessly harm or kill any other living being past a certain level of cognizance.

Why does consciousness negate objectification? Is it because of human morality? Have you ever killed an ant or a bug? Do ants really pose such a threat that you must kill them without hesitation?

Consciousness negates immoral conduct which is true but you claim that it does this on an objective level as if it is a universal law. Why do you think that human constructed morals made to benefit humans are equally binding to God? Do you see us inflicting our morals onto animals? Do you really tell a lion to stop eating baby elephants?
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Hell or Prison the best cure for immorality? - by Rabb Allah - March 21, 2014 at 6:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11462 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Technology and immorality vs religion and mortality dyresand 10 4559 June 28, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief Mudhammam 66 8388 April 22, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  From what I've heard, Heaven sounds like a prison. Jax 31 22265 April 6, 2011 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Emporion
  Should Religion be taught in Prison? Welsh cake 22 5452 October 7, 2010 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Skipper