Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable.
RE: Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable.
(October 20, 2014 at 11:24 am)Esquilax Wrote: This, by the way, is the same logic that we use to identify mental illness; the mentally ill are another group of people who believe things based on personal experience that are not demonstrable too. You're just lucky that your specific claim has a shield of cultural acceptability around it, Lek.

So you believe that all theists are mentally ill? Presidents, doctors, lawyers, teachers, businessmen, etc - all productive members of society, not patients in a mental facility or unable to cope in a normal society. If a person is hopelessly living in a world of drugs and alcohol, and then turns around his life and credits it to his experience with God, that's not evidence of God? If I hear person after person telling me about God has changed their lives, I guess I can't believe them unless I do an experiment in a controlled environment. Even though I'm the one experiencing God, I really can't believe myself. You can refuse to believe because you see no evidence, but you're going too far in trying to discredit the testimonies, off hand, of rational, functioning, honest people about their own experiences.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable. - by Lek - October 20, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3111 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2758 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3738 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2229 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheism and the meaning of life - what drives you? UniverseCaptain 344 25386 November 12, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
Photo Cartoon I made poking fun at Religion! shawnmcdaniel1 19 2893 September 9, 2021 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Angrboda
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1408 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  What made you become an atheist? Atomic Lava 69 6200 December 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2100 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3112 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik