Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today...
RE: So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today...
(February 24, 2016 at 9:23 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Allah, the all-knowing, could tell people how to design better cars, or guide those in charge of the car manufacturers to be more sincere. It'll very simple for Allah. Cars can be extremely useful to Da'i as they enable the Final Message to spread quicker than by camel. Makes you wonder why Allah didn't give the Sahabah the tools necessary to make motor vehicles. The people needed to receive the truth, so why not give the Ummah the cars as a supreme sign from Allah? Instead, we have to grapple with numerology and odd things like that to prove the Quran.

Many of the conflicts happened because Allah did not prevent the Injeel and Torah from becoming corrupted. If Jews and Christians had the same scriptures as the Ummah then they would be able to have more agreements with the Ummah. People view the Quran with suspicion (even though the Old Testament is worse) because it's foreign to them. It's different because Allah allowed it to be different.

If there was no need to have the Quran in the first place, millions of deaths could have been prevented. It's very sad that Allah is incompetent like this. Surely it's insulting to say to the Jews and Christian who were alive before Muhammed: You were not ready for the final message. What I'm trying to say is that many conflicts came about of decisions made by Allah. There was nothing supernatural preventing the corruption of previous texts.

The context and definition of life in the Quran, is that it's a mere test, a place where humans battle temptations that arise from the illusion of non-existent supervision, in other words: this is no more than a test, where human behavior would be judged.

The test has no point if God intervened with the ways you suggested.
Even on the backs of camels, this religion reached the whole globe, and God's word that said that Islam is universal, has and did indeed, came true.

The "quran calls for killing people" argument is not valid, since this exact dilema begins and ends, with the human obsession with military institutions.
The Quran advocates peace, and the verses that call for it are all out there. Disproving them would be great, as a starter. But throwing accusations without evidence, is not convincing. Self defense is not a crime.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today... - by WinterHold - February 24, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 84 2811 April 26, 2024 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8719 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20569 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1284 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  If Mo was alive today... Fake Messiah 8 671 July 21, 2022 at 4:39 pm
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4402 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2906 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48903 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12380 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 866 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker