Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 6:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Transsexuality and Atheism
RE: Question About Transsexuality and Atheism
(May 31, 2016 at 10:44 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Isn't it just hormones which dictate whether you align with males or females?
Hormones dictate who we are. What genitalia you end up with at birth is genetic pot luck.
They are linked though, since it's the genitals that produce the hormones that cause secondary sex characteristics

That's why pre-op transgender people are recommended to take blockers for their natural hormones as well as the artificial "opposite sex" hormones, to get the best results. I'm not sure, but I think it might even be unhealthy not to block your natural hormones while taking artificial ones. It's only once they go full transsex and get "the surgery" that they come off the drugs that would block their natural hormones, since their body wouldn't produce them then.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question About Transsexuality and Atheism - by Regina - May 31, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8865 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17606 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan