Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 health scare
Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 health scare
Yeah, my little furry feral friend went to the vet this morning. 

I was vaguely aware his eyes 'looked funny' for a week or so, and last night I was down on the floor trying to load a laser disk in the player (yeah, I'm getting old technology nostalgic again) anyhow, kitty decided I needed help (or more specifically, I needed to look at his butt) while I was trying to get the player working.  Anyhow, eventually he got his front end right in my face, and suddenly I realized one pupil is a barely open vertical slit, and the other one is fully dilated.

Oh, Jesus fucking christ !!

I knew someone (note the past tense) that presented that symptom a few weeks before dying of a brain tumor, so I had a bad go there in regards to the cat.

Called as soon as the vet clinic opened and they had a 10:30 appt, so stuffed cat in the carrier and hauled his ass down there.

Vet looked him over pretty well, and told me there were 2 possibilities; ear mites and an inner ear infection(s) or a brain tumor.  And by checking out his ears, he really thinks it's the ear mites.

I sure hope so, although for what he's going to have to go thru to get rid of them, the cat might vote for the tumor.

Anyhow, we are looking at many months for the eyes to square up if it is the ear mite/ inner ear infection problem.  If it's a brain tumor, we might be looking at something that is going to resolve in a few to several weeks . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Messages In This Thread
Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 health scare - by vorlon13 - July 26, 2016 at 2:39 pm
RE: Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 health scare - by vorlon13 - September 13, 2016 at 11:42 am
RE: Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 health scare - by brewer - November 17, 2016 at 10:09 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So my cat wants to eat me? Whaaaa? Brian37 29 2122 January 22, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  Sport and mental health. purplepurpose 24 2156 August 16, 2018 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tips on how to boost eye health purplepurpose 24 2538 March 3, 2018 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2, continued . . . vorlon13 3 408 August 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Religion and mental health mcolafson 18 3068 October 6, 2016 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Catholics and Health Care brewer 2 598 September 10, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Air pollution causes cancer, world health authority says pocaracas 3 1352 October 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  In sickness and in health Violet 25 5797 July 10, 2010 at 7:16 am
Last Post: The Omnissiunt One