Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on how to boost eye health
Tips on how to boost eye health
http://www.allaboutvision.com/nutrition/foods.htm - foods to boost eye health

http://www.allaboutvision.com/cvs/irritated.htm - tips to boost eye health

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2056895/...night.html - Program to make display colors more eye friendly.

You can also google a program that lowers screen brightness even lower than standard settings, which causes less eye strain.
RE: Tips on how to boost eye health
I've had seven surgeries on my eyes, with maybe one more pending. This over a period beginning July 2015. It's been a fun ride. I had cataracts and everything was going yellow until they replaced the lenses. Then the left eye developed glaucoma. After some PFM* they have that eye stable as of this date, I'm waiting to see if it holds.

*Pure Fucking Magic.
(March 2, 2018 at 2:49 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: tips to eye health

Don't poke yourself in the eye with sharp stick...

Every time I see a new ophthalmologist the first question they ask is, "Where did you get that big ass scar on your cornea?"
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Avoid BB guns.
Do not look into laser with remaining eye
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Don't try to recreate Fatima.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Spend a lot of time looking at boobs.
Don't look directly at the sun, or someone welding, and above all do not put talc into your eyes.
(March 2, 2018 at 2:53 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I've had seven surgeries on my eyes, with maybe one more pending. This over a period beginning July 2015. It's been a fun ride. I had cataracts and everything was going yellow until they replaced the lenses. Then the left eye developed glaucoma. After some PFM* they have that eye stable as of this date, I'm waiting to see if it holds.

*Pure Fucking Magic.

Glaucoma you say...weed card, go! Wink

More advice for improving eye health: don't get bit on the face by dogs......repeatedly.  What the fuck is wrong with dogs yall, they wont stop biting me on my face......?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Fruits that grow on a heath or bush are generally good for the eyes, because they have antioxidants which assist in the circulation of fluids and blood in the finer tissue and vesicles of the eye and nervous system.

Berries, cherries and non GMO grapes, all have similar benefits. The bilberry has undergone scientific tests and is one of the best medicines for eyes.

Strawberries are not as effective as the berries which come from perennial plants.

Fresh herbs, such as sorrel, endive lettuce, rocket, dandelion, Thai anise, parsley and many others have blood cleansing properties and will supply both essential and trace minerals, which are necessary for building new tissue and facilitating nervous energy.

Whatever works for the eyes will also work for the rest of the body, especially the brain and kidneys which have very fine systems of tissue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sport and mental health. purplepurpose 24 2156 August 16, 2018 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The "Complexity of the Eye", for stupid creationists. Gawdzilla Sama 10 1863 December 8, 2017 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Missing Link and the Irreducible Complexity of the Eye Rhondazvous 73 22788 June 8, 2017 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 health scare vorlon13 121 9167 November 18, 2016 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Religion and mental health mcolafson 18 3058 October 6, 2016 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Catholics and Health Care brewer 2 594 September 10, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Panspermia Gets A Boost Minimalist 9 989 July 3, 2016 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Single celled creature with functioning eye. downbeatplumb 19 6182 December 14, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bionic eye implant world first zebo-the-fat 12 3823 July 22, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Air pollution causes cancer, world health authority says pocaracas 3 1350 October 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas