Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
Quote:think the problem is we live in a culture now where everything is so (no pun intended) black and white. It's either/or, you're with us or against us, you're for or against.
This is so ironic and it shows that you missed the point

Quote:It's not that cut-and-dry in reality.
You missed the point entirely. 

Quote:With this internet culture, you can have people (like myself very often) who are very traditionally leftist and liberal on most of their principles, being dragged on the internet just because they have an opinion which is not quite as far-left as the SJW types want it to be, or because they feel like calling out ridiculous illogical arguments when they see them. Can you expect this internet "Social justice!!!" movement to be well liked by the mainstream? I'm not surprised it gets the backlash it does.
What examples of this actually exist? I suppose you'll tell me someone told you not to use the word "tranny" or "retard" or something? What is the big deal?

Quote:Take your "gender flavour of the month" comment, it's true. If I call out the petty attention-seeking teen angst of a 14 year old calling themselves a "demigendered pansexual androromantic" (because simply being "gay" or "genderqueer" is clearly too passé these days), I'll be told I'm anti-LGBT despite being part of the so-called "LGBT community" myself. It's ridiculous.
Why so much intolerance for people who are experimenting with ways to identify themselves?

Quote:And I do find the "triggered" memes funny, I'm sorry I'm not a robot with no sense of humour.
Oh don't worry, I forgive you. IN HELL Diablo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior - by EruptedCarcassBloat - October 10, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit Duty 21 2130 April 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fuck you, anti-vaxxers bennyboy 32 3413 February 11, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Social Anxiety Bahana 10 969 October 4, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 4736 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy SmootherPebble 131 23008 October 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181
  Anti vaxers at it again? KichigaiNeko 7 2046 May 16, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Anti-vac children on the line Kayenneh 10 4964 January 26, 2014 at 10:30 pm