Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture?
Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture?
Ice kills too? So whats the big deal? If the devil can roam earth, since earth is supposed to be a battle between good and evil. Then how come the devil cant pick up ice from Alaska?. Gehenna, In islam is from the same root word so its a place of fire abyss. The 7th place of hell i think is the abyss which is essentially nothing. And Sulfur doesnt really count. So the only reason is the middle east was always hot, so basically being in a cold place was possibly paradise to them. No wonder they wanted to get to heaven so fast since its like dozens of minus degrees up there. Actually in Dante's Inferno, Ice is actually mentioned in the abyss (aka added outside the bible. The catholics) Which may explain why they use "Hel" as the norse figure for hell. To try to add outside biblical reasons to make sense off their myth to their fellow worshippers. Which may explain the typical "Cold as hell" expression, even though that is an oxymoron by itself.

But thats the problem. To me this seems like some childish bedtime story you will tell to scare people. I actually believed in Christianity for awhile. But now that i actually thought how this is most likely a mythological made belief. Well i honestly have a hard time looking some theist face to face if this honestly makes sense to them. I mean i am not jewish but i can atleast understand how that one atleast makes a tad bit more sense. Ok. So you are dead, ok your body is destroyed, your god heals you, and Gehenna in judaism is ment to purify your soul not burn you for eternity. Actually the devil is simply an accuser, someone who wishes people to fall astray.. now that actually makes more sense than the sects after it with christianity and islam.

Although hadnt it been for Christianity we wouldnt have gotten some inspirational stories like this. But in the end its just pure fairy tales. What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? - by Spixri - April 2, 2017 at 10:04 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2420 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  My god doesn't owe you an explaination! T.J. 22 2305 November 29, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 2020 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Is Christianity Inherently Supportive Of Slavery And Misogyny? BrianSoddingBoru4 335 22793 August 23, 2021 at 5:21 am
Last Post: GUBU
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3680 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Prophecy doesn't make sense zwanzig 26 2594 March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5564 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why is religion especially Christianity so widely practied? GODZILLA 69 6913 February 19, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4909 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6660 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik