Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 5:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck)
The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck)
Hey guys!  Long time.

A couple of weeks ago I was hit with some news that I had never anticipated at all

A little backstory:  I’ve always said my whole life that I would never have kids.  Don’t want them, don’t want to be in the same room, don’t want to watch em.  Sorry.
When I was 21, I decided to get a vasectomy.  My girlfriend and I fought over this and broke up shortly after.

Fast forward to 2018:  I met the girl of my dreams. We married, and have a wonderful life together.  There was one stipulation / sacrifice that I knew would be VERY difficult for me, but I decided she was worth it.

We agreed on one kid in a few years.  One and done, no más.

Well, before I even had a chance to hit our one year anniversary, we found out that she is pregnant.
I really couldn’t believe it at all... guys, she was late by 20 days.  I haven’t had a reversal, so I was very skeptical.

The gyno confirmed it.  8 weeks.

My whole world stopped.  The mix of emotions (up and down) are real...  sad, accepting, sad again. 
I’ve been having a very difficult time accepting this when I know I was supposed to have the choice in the end.

This will easily be the biggest challenge I’ve ever had. --One that I didn’t prepare for at all--

I called the urologist and he said that it likely grew back.  20,000:1 chance my ass....

--
So anyway, she has agreed to the one and done.  From now on we will use two forms of BC at all times... Can't even trust a damn vasectomy lol

PS: Before anyone says anything about infidelity, she and I have been together in quarantine the whole time lol.  I will be getting tested though and re-snipped

Messages In This Thread
The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck) - by wolf39us - June 26, 2020 at 11:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 393 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2191 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Wish me luck Losty 47 7643 January 14, 2016 at 9:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Good night good luck from dyresand 0 995 May 24, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Good Luck Lek 53 6163 May 24, 2014 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Down on my luck and still godless. Brian37 7 1630 January 3, 2014 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor