Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 2:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron
RE: Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron
Trouble is, and again is a lesson the US learned, taking away the sticks and carrots is supposed to do what? There was a point in our history where the government was incapable of holding the stick (and where little to no sticks existed)...wasn't pretty. Business did fine, "we the people"..meh, maybe not. How might we even take away the carrots? The government is itself a very well funded consumer...capable of making demands (and the markets have to respond to those demands..ostensibly). There are so many permutations of the example of sticks and carrots (more sticks, less carrots..more carrots, less sticks, little of both, lots of both)in our history. It's really been a complete nightmare on so many fronts that I fail to see why retracing our steps in either of the two directions or both would return different results in such a general way.

What benefits does the free market have that might convince me to prefer it over a mixed market?
(it seems that you might actually favor a mixed market..from your comments about taking away most - you didn't say all- sticks and carrots. If that's the case, then what we might disagree with would be more along the lines of what places the government ought to intervene in the market...specific sticks..specific carrots.....but how is this different from what we currently do?)

I'm of the opinion, for example, that agriculture in this country needs to receive both greater levels of subsidy and stricter regulations (a great deal of which specific to those subsidies)...because we've been creating a profitable monopoly for some and a completely unprofitable market for others in the same breath with the policies we've been engaging in.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron - by The Grand Nudger - November 15, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When You DON’T Live In A Dystopian Hellscape BrianSoddingBoru4 8 703 August 14, 2022 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1050 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10221 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's fill Biden's cabinet. Gawdzilla Sama 54 4206 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Let's give the orange turd a nobel prize. ignoramus 15 1235 September 25, 2019 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2636 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1322 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  One Ass-Kicking And Republicunt Marsha Blackburn Changes Her Tune Minimalist 6 1015 August 14, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey Fuckface- When It Reaches Ken Starr Territory You Can Let Us Know Minimalist 0 390 May 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yeah, yeah. Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out Minimalist 0 637 March 31, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist