Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron
RE: Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron
@Tiberius

I dont want you to think that I am one of these usual brainless zombies who troll around making factless statements and baseless fearmongering about "liberterian fashism".
I dont have any objection to political schools which work within the framework of democracy, I myself am a strong advocate of decentralisation of goverment and do acknowlege the benefits a free market brings to a sociaty.
But the main point arround which my opinion evolves in terms of social and political matters is efficiency and a record of positive results. I do not give notice to "prophets" who cannot deliver concepts and do not show eaven the slightest sign of daugth. I prefer pragmatic aproaches and the best politician to me is the one who is his own worst critic, the reevaluation of ones political and sociatal concepts aswell as the demonstration of it`s results and predictions with statistics, studies and facts in general, is to me far more importent than insisting on a dreamish plan ignoring factual evidence against it. The logistics behind a political plan which can give a percentage of certainty towards efficiency and if it actualy, works are far more importent to me than the philosophical concept behint that idea.
My main issue with a completly liberterian goverment would probably be a "moral" argument you have probably been confronted with very oftern.
This is more a philosophical argument than a "actual political" one. If I debate current political issues - I always insist on "examples" and facts - from meatspace - which are presented to back up statements, aswell as I want other participants to demand facts from me.
The "moral" argument, of my concern is:

"How can one be certain, that a collective within a sociaty - which is not bound to regulations, which insure the healthy state of this sociaty, will put effort into assuring the healthy state of this sociaty?"

To me doing so is "a gamble"
I am not a big friend of philosophical debates. I like facts to back ones arguments up. So if you would be more interested in giving a link to a study which answeres this question, backed up with meatspace facts rather than defending a motion (which is rethoricaly harder than speaking against a motion) I`d be eager to read it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron - by Something completely different - November 15, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When You DON’T Live In A Dystopian Hellscape BrianSoddingBoru4 8 703 August 14, 2022 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1050 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10217 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's fill Biden's cabinet. Gawdzilla Sama 54 4206 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Let's give the orange turd a nobel prize. ignoramus 15 1235 September 25, 2019 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2635 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1322 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  One Ass-Kicking And Republicunt Marsha Blackburn Changes Her Tune Minimalist 6 1014 August 14, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey Fuckface- When It Reaches Ken Starr Territory You Can Let Us Know Minimalist 0 389 May 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yeah, yeah. Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out Minimalist 0 637 March 31, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist