Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 4:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apologist Matt Slick's atheist daughter tells of her experience growing up
RE: Apologist Matt Slick's atheist daughter tells of her experience growing up
(July 19, 2013 at 11:53 am)Isun Wrote: Skepticism is healthy, but it doesn't constitute proof one way or another.

It's not supposed to.

To be skeptical is nothing more than to not accept a claim until it is supported by demonstrable evidence, reasoned argument and valid logic.

You are passing the burden of proof to the skeptic, when it actually resides with the person making the claim.

Quote:What i find frustrating sometimes is that many skeptics feel that when they disprove the bible that it somehow proves their point god doesn't exist. In other words they are throwing out the principles of science out the door the same as religionists.

Are you just making up these skeptics?

I have never met an atheist, or even heard of one, that claims that disproving the Bible disproves the existence of all possible gods.

Quote:It is reasonable and quite acceptable in my opinion to state that the preponderance of evidence does not support the existence of god as christians believe, but it doesn't in any way provide proof that "god" doesn't exist.

You would not be in disagreement with the majority of atheists.

You seem to have this notion that atheists are making the claim that a god does not exist, when in reality, atheism is the lack of belief that a god exists.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apologist Matt Slick's atheist daughter tells of her experience growing up - by Simon Moon - July 19, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can God be objectively good despite criticism against Him/Her/It? Ahriman 80 6995 May 29, 2022 at 11:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Temporal lobe epilepsy & religious experience. Jehanne 80 5322 March 20, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Matt and Luke: Ships Passing in the Night YahwehIsTheWay 15 1694 December 1, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Cod
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1209 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 16798 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5465 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7841 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  My experience in a Moon church/organization (korean religion) Macoleco 20 7098 May 20, 2017 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Near death experience of Howard Storm scoobysnack 548 84196 October 28, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  I'm beginning to have a growing hatred for Christians, do you blame me GoHalos1993 11 2347 May 23, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Drich