Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof
RE: Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof
(February 6, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: There are admittedly few, but among them are that I support the development of GMO foods, I don't support legislation on unhealthy foods, and I'm not a huge fan of race-based affirmative action (though not for the same reasons conservatives tend to be).

Being anti GMO is a hippy thing not neccesarily a left thing. I am pro GMO foods because it helps the poorest people in the world afford food and gain nutritients (like Golden rice)

Quote:It does negate the veracity of the term in a great many contexts, because that term is used most frequently by racists defending racism, close to the point where the term itself is a racist expression.

I don't accept that. I have seen it used to attack people like Sharpton and Jackson who are out and out racists who use race as a means to further their political positions. If you can justify Sharpton's actions in Tawan Brawley to me then I consider further

Quote:Does a person's viewpoints necessarily dictate the reasons why that person holds the viewpoint?

No neccessarily but certainly often

Quote:Wait, you yell 'strawman' in one sentence and then set up your own in the next? I am interested to know how many examples of my opinions regarding race you consulted before you came to this conclusion.

Your actions here certainly indicate that you hold a hard left viewpoint on rac

Quote:It's not racist to say that?

Say what exactly?

Quote:I'm not so sure about that, because it is a completely disingenuous statement. Young black men are also one of the demographics most likely to be impoverished, and poverty is, by far, the strongest correlating factor when measuring levels of criminal activity. It may not be your intention (again, giving you a benefit of the doubt you seem completely unwilling to give me), but your statement definitely implies that race is the primary causative factor in criminal activity, and if that is what you're implying, then it's a racist statement.

You may infer that but I certainly did not imply it. You leftists always want it both ways you want to highlight ways that white people unfairly treat black people but then refuse to acknowledge the ways the reverse and call such acknoweldgement racist.

Poverty IS a factor in certain types of crime especially ones concerning appropriation of property. Petty theft is endemic in the poorest communities, no matter what color they are, what is an issue is the amount of the most serious crimes such as rape and murder that are committed by people and I cannot see poverty as an excuse for rape.

Being an extremists you look for simple answers to complicated questions. "oh its just poverty and its the fault of white people" is the standard retort. Wheras the reality is that it is a combination of poverty, a culture amongst teenagers that devalues education, absence of father figures as disciplinary agents and role models, a sense of alienation from majority society, cultural imagery that glorifies criminal lifestyles and genetically higher than average levels of testosterone. Because I am a liberal and beleive in the scientific process and am essentially a determinist I fully understand that people subject to all the above are going to be vastly more likley to commit crime. I have no interest in punishment or retribution but to seek effective methods of dealing with the situation, something that sets me directly apart from conservatives .

Quote:Why am I the ideologue when you're the one placing me inside of all the blanket statements and generalizations?

Because yo0u have just defended race based preferences claiming that they have positive outcomes which I have not actually seen.

Quote:Are you fucking kidding me?

Absolutely not. This happens in the UK as well as the US. In the same week in Florida two british tourists were murdered , utterly unprovoked by several black men. It only made the Miami news. Some of teh most appalling crimes are just ignored

Quote:Okay, see, when you use the word 'thug' as a replacement for 'black', then there's really no doubt that you're a racist. I can't suspend disbelief on that any further.

That is the most doctrinaire, idiotic leftist nonsense I have heard. When I say thug I mean thug.

Did most black people take part in these attacks? NO they didn't

Was It a small violent Thuggish minority, a tiny proportion of the numbers of black people? YES it was

Did some attacks get stopped through the actions of Black people? YES they did

Therefore would it be more accurate to describe the attackers as THUGS or BLACK PEOPLE?

The fact that you criticize my use of 'thugs' to describe people who certainly were thugs is somewhat puzzling. Perhaps you would like to explain why people who make unprovoked racist attacks are NOT thugs?

In fact the racist comment is yours since you equate such violent attacks as being the norm for black people rather than the norm for thugs.
Some may call them junk, I call them treasures.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof - by là bạn điên - February 7, 2014 at 1:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George Conway Minimalist 0 247 November 22, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  George Carlin - The Only Prophet Who Made Accurate Predictions Minimalist 14 2106 December 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  George Bush and Ronald Regan debate immigration 1980 CapnAwesome 0 739 January 7, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Zimmerman's Girlfriend Asks Judge To Drop Charges A Theist 6 2164 December 10, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  George Zimmerman continues to flaunt the fact that he got away with murder Ryantology 28 5274 November 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty. TaraJo 431 144979 September 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  George Zimmerman: Weak Prosecution wolf39us 15 4000 July 8, 2013 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Martin and Zimmerman - A reasoned logical discussion Puddleglum 27 11048 September 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Puddleglum
  George Washington named Britan's Greatest Ever Foe Handprint 24 9184 April 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Perhaps Zimmerman Wasn't So Bad Minimalist 18 6002 April 4, 2012 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: mediamogul