Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christians, prove your minds aren't molested by fear.
RE: Christians, prove your minds aren't molested by fear.
(February 27, 2014 at 5:42 am)Alice Wrote:
(February 27, 2014 at 12:32 am)Napoléon Wrote: It's more than that and you know it.

Is it? Do I?

Quote:Completing such a simple task would render the OP completely bollocks. At first I wasn't expecting it to have any success at all, but the more xtians like frods resist the more the point is made.

The point that people don't like to be manipulated? Angel

I wouldn't do it, Nappykinz, and I'm not even a Christian.

Most people don't respond to 'jump, wimp' with 'how high?'.

Quote:We're also not talking about rape. We're talking about words. There's a bit of a difference between asking someone to say something that's a bit hurtful and going out and raping and traumatising someone else.

Yeah, you think I of all people don't know that? Sleepy Have you forgotten that I often show an extreme example (following the same basis) to demonstrate why something is not reasonable? Tongue

Don't get caught up on the contents: there's a messed up formulae.

Would it make you happier if I just straight up called it 'bullying'?

Alice, isn't bullying nonconsensual whereas Christians are here on an atheist forum consensually?

-the white rabbit-
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians, prove your minds aren't molested by fear. - by Mystical - February 27, 2014 at 6:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13679 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1982 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 9578 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7957 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 12043 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18852 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23390 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5672 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27971 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19327 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer