Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 10:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Universe, Buddhism, Etc. Etc.
RE: Living Universe, Buddhism, Etc. Etc.
(June 4, 2014 at 5:40 am)naimless Wrote:
(June 4, 2014 at 4:39 am)hppavilion Wrote: So, what do you guys think of my philosophical ramblings? I do hope i haven't made any scientific blunders or sounded like a complete crackpot...

I think you're a fucking pussy of a philosopher caught up in political dogmas.

Not crackpot enough. 1/10. Please try again.

I feel I was a bit harsh here. Let me explain. I was projecting. I only replied because a bit of your post hit and you asked for it and shit... my main problem was with you being worried about offending 2014 peer reviewed science, as if it holds the answers. It doesn't. Fuck 'em.

As for the universe, its atoms exist within you and in a sense whatever you perceive could be the universe. If you believe you are infinite consciousness then okay, I have heard a lot of stranger things. Frankly I was just severely disappointed you didn't talk about seeing dead people in the walls or travelling to other astral realms.

(June 4, 2014 at 4:39 am)hppavilion Wrote: the universe is what I have now coined an Empty God- a god with no willpower, a passive facilitator of the reality as opposed to a living, unified, thinking magic being.

We probably misunderstand eachother due to the subjectivity of terminology and the nature of humans to generally communicate in miscommunication. That said, as obvious as this observation is, the universe is probably an empty god because you define yourself as such.

I perceive this as an uneccesary limitation of the infinite possibilities of awareness/consciousness, perhaps in order for comfort. Some people are scared of failure and believe in this limitation to protect themselves - they don't believe more in the universe in case it doesn't fulfill their dreams.

Others limit the universe because they are scared of success. It might actually be as the Buddhist said, or better, and that frightens the fuck out of a determined ego.

We can discover this in more detail but I will have to charge for our next session.

FSM Grin

Messages In This Thread
Living Universe, Buddhism, Etc. Etc. - by hppavilion - June 4, 2014 at 4:39 am
RE: Living Universe, Buddhism, Etc. Etc. - by naimless - June 4, 2014 at 5:40 am
RE: Living Universe, Buddhism, Etc. Etc. - by naimless - June 4, 2014 at 8:37 pm
RE: Living Universe, Buddhism, Etc. Etc. - by Angrboda - June 4, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek philosophers always knew about the causeless universe Interaktive 10 1353 September 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Living in a sim... ignoramus 64 3670 November 21, 2021 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Does one need to go through traumatic experience to truly appreciate living? Aegon 27 3211 May 14, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11454 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  The Blameless Life is not Worth Living Rhondazvous 11 1481 January 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  What God is to the Universe is what your mind is to your body fdesilva 172 19608 August 23, 2016 at 7:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If a supernatural intelligence did create the universe..... maestroanth 12 2093 April 20, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Do you think the universe is real? Excited Penguin 40 5820 December 15, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Sappho
  Omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence... etc. Napoléon 47 9162 September 12, 2015 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  A Conscious Universe FallentoReason 327 45088 February 14, 2015 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Pizza