Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you say "take responsibility for your life"?
RE: How can you say "take responsibility for your life"?
(October 27, 2014 at 11:09 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: Jesus Christ learn how to quote properly!

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 1. You're right that it wasn't against my will. The point I was making, and didn't make myself clear, is that I didn't have a choice.

Well that's a stupid point because no body has a choice, its nonsensical.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 2. As a kid you are all forced to do things you don't want to do.

Within reason, what a child does and doesn't want to do is irrelevant. They don't understand that these things that they are being forced to do is paving the way for their future and helping them develop skills that help them survive.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: Maybe you can't remember but kids are taughtt to use manners, behave according to rules. I may not speak for everyone but I imagine that all kids are forced to behave opposite to how they feel. Adults are too.

How a child feels is irrelevant and often wrong. A child will throw a temper tantrum in the supermarket because they feel angry that they aren't allowed sweets. Obviously, as an adult you cannot behave this way in any situation, so the behaviour is condemned. Its for their own good.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 3. It is a bad thing. It is a horrible thing. There is nothing worse than being bound to that mass cattle farm.

The mass cattle farm? Do you mean planet earth?

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 4. I do not empathize with your pro suicide point of view. When someone kill themself the ratio of good people goes down and the ratio of bad people goes up. I have friends who I care for dearly and I would be crushed if they killed themself.

I am not 'pro suicide'. I don't like the idea of suicide, I thinks it selfish and a permanet solution to a temporary problem. I was simple stating that if one doesn't want to live in the world, suicide is an option.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: How dare you devalue the human life. It's the most important thing in the world.

And yet you seem to hate every human you've ever come across.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 5. The people I am referring to are people on this forum. The only other people I interact with are my parents and I avoid doing that as much as possible.

I don't know what you are responding to since you didn't bother quoting properly.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 6. Generalizing my life is just saying you don't take my feelings seriously. You think I am supposed to be happy, which I'm not. So it's a moot point.

Same again.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 7. As I said in my last point, my problem is no one takes me seriously. I seriously dislike how much hate I get from people taking some sort of indirect hostility as being hostility towards them somehow.

The way you talk about people leads me to believe that you are openly hostile towards everyone. And generally when someone is hostile towards you, they respond in kind.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 8. "That doesn't help" super advice.

Don't know what you are responding to.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 9. Don't automatically assume this. I hate how whenever other people perceive me with a negative perspective and just write me off. I feel like no one values my life. You especially don't. You just said "you know where the door is". Again. How dare you.

Same again.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 10. And the way they spend money on me isn't valuable to me and is none of my business?

Same again.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 11. Friendly people. I have one friend. She's a girl on the internet who I talk to all the time who is understanding and sweet and we share a mutual respect for each other.

So your only friend is someone you haven't actually ever met? I'm sorry to say but that may be the reason she is your friend.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: My problem with other people is they have no respect for me and don't care about my company.

Respect is earned. And be honest here, you wouldn't want to hang around someone who is depressed. It sounds mean but people like to hang around other people who are fun and exciting and make you laugh. You don't do any of those things.

(October 27, 2014 at 10:34 am)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: 12. I have tried multiple psychologists and they all suck.

How many is multiple? 2? 5? 10? Because I think if you have seen multiple shrinks, it may not be them that is the problem.

1. A great teacher once told me that there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. I say, why should I be responsible for a life I didn't choose? You say that that's nonsense. You are saying nonsense.

2. Paving the way also means paving over everyone's hopes and dreams. Look at how society values us. The obedient get rewarded and the stragglers get punished. You don't seem like the kind of person who looks at the unique aspect of things. So far all you have said is 'dum de dum that's the way she goes'. Low self esteem is entirely society's fault because instead of being based on self discovery it's based on rewards, punishments, and a brutal, cookie cutter education system to mold nice shapes out of people like you who are eager to become a gear.

3. I mean school.

4. Nice. You're telling me to consider suicide. That is harassment.

5. I'm on my fucking phone. I can't quote properly.

6. I am responding In the order that you quoted me.

7. I can't stand it. That is so annoying. I do't want to talk opposite to how I feel.

8. Wwhatever. Just as well.

9. Like I said. The order of my responses is the order that you quoted me.

10. Christ. Look at what you said and how it correlates to what you said.

11. Frankly, I have nothing to say to that but mIm(*_*)mIm

12. Your advice sucks. I don't want to even be aware of yoy which is why I blocked you and so many other people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can you say "take responsibility for your life"? - by MusicLovingAtheist - October 27, 2014 at 11:38 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "Take it or leave it" Approach Leonardo17 1 331 November 9, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Schrodinger's Cat. What say you? Brian37 39 2629 October 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Is Moral Responsibility Compatible With Determinism? mcc1789 44 5647 June 11, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: SenseMaker007
  My take on regret Mr.Obvious 20 2847 October 20, 2017 at 7:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do scientists say about existence? Mariosep 186 51291 July 20, 2017 at 10:59 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's Say I Achieve "Meaning." What Do I Do Next? InquiringMind 51 8148 September 25, 2016 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15559 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do you ever wish you could just say "these people should be killed" DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 50 7170 November 27, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  Do Humans Have Compulsary Will? Which best describes your take on 'will'? Whateverist 100 11246 June 11, 2015 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Your personal take on “The Problem of Evil?” XK9_Knight 99 20045 September 8, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam