Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 9:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do We Remember things From Our Childhood?
RE: Why Do We Remember things From Our Childhood?
Yes, I think I've heard that idea before. That's very interesting.

What the brain doesn't seem to do is record how much the memory changes or give you any kind of accurate confidence value. You're left to estimate it based on how long ago the original memory occurred, I suppose.

This is sort of related:

I find it fascinating how I can "see" images and "hear" sounds in my brain, purely from memory while I'm still seeing and hearing things actually happening around me. It's like I have an internal mini TV and stereo system. Trying to figure out "where" these images and sounds are is boggling. I suppose what you say does make sense of it though! If it is actually replaying the memory and feeding the result right back into your brain, you are sort of experiencing it. But the distinct nature of the input coming through your senses compared to the internal playback is really weird. I struggle to find language to adequately describe it. I can only describe it as some sort of "dual screen".
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
Why Do We Remember things From Our Childhood? - by KUSA - April 21, 2015 at 11:05 am
RE: Why Do We Remember things From Our Childhood? - by robvalue - April 24, 2015 at 6:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why people sometimes see weird things. Jehanne 7 1987 January 16, 2016 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus