Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 4:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad/Good Things That Happen Without the Aid of a Deity
RE: Bad/Good Things That Happen Without the Aid of a Deity
(June 7, 2015 at 11:52 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
(June 7, 2015 at 5:50 pm)Nope Wrote:  Because I like to learn, please tell me what words that I misused. I promise I won't take any offense.  Smile

I am ready to take offense for you.  However, you did misuse some words; I have made alterations with errors crossed out and additions in red, though I may have missed something; I am not trying to be overly critical, and am not an English teacher:

(June 7, 2015 at 2:43 pm)Nope Wrote: Christians often claim that coincidences are the result of their god guiding them. If you have to drive around and around a parking lot looking for a space, god might be trying to tell you not to visit that store on that day.

I thought it would be interesting if atheists describe described weird coincidences that happened in their life lives

The night we met neither my husband or nor I wanted to go out. Both of us were pressured by friends to go to a certain nightclub. My husband happened to work with my friend so he and his friends sat at our table. The coincidence of our meeting was just that, a coincidence that happened to work out well for both of us.

Every single time that I make a pot of coffee, my neighbor stops by for a visit. She loves coffee. I could believe that she  has coffee ESP but I think it is more likely that my coffee neighbor drinks a lot of coffee and we practically live in each other's homes.

I am working at building a new entertainment center. My husband, sweet guy that he is, set up a portable canopy to shade me as I sanded and then vanished varnished my masterpiece. Unfortunately when the wind blew, my canopy toppled  and knocked over the stain I was  using. I suppose that I could see that as proof that some higher power doesn't like the particular stain that I am was using or just wants wanted to screw with the first wood project that I ever made.

It might be interesting to describe some unusual things that happened to you that are just strange coincidences and have no meaning beyond that life is weird sometimes. 

I don't think it was worth mentioning, and would not have bothered to raise any of this myself.  Posting online tends to be informal writing, with plenty of typographical errors and other issues.

I say, go ahead and be offended that someone brought up the matter at all.

See that is the flying spaghetti monster's way of telling me that I shouldn't shred paper, have a discussion with my husband and children while writing a post. The lesson learned is to only do one thing at a time. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad/Good Things That Happen Without the Aid of a Deity - by Nope - June 8, 2015 at 9:09 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2345 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44369 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1708 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9977 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  The unnatural deity Foxaèr 4 793 July 8, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Bad News For Evangelicals Minimalist 62 6477 November 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58802 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5590 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  12 Unbelievably Bad Marketers in Jerusalem Firefighter01 65 8788 February 1, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Firefighter01
  Virgin Births happen all the time?! Jehanne 11 2756 December 20, 2016 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda