Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 2:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today...
RE: So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today...
Rob, here's an Iyah for you. Quran 6:88 "This is the guidance of Allah: He giveth that guidance to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them."

It's from a passage talking about the previous prophets, not that it matters. The point is, it helps your case. Just throwing it in the mix. This is an additionality to the sealing of the hearts, or something that leads to the sealing to the hearts. I'm not quite sure. But if we're not being guided, then surely a seal will form around our hearts.

Quran 2:26 is fun too. I imagine the TQR will be getting to that one shortly, if they haven't already. I'm not subscribed by the way, so I don't know. Then you have Quran 2:29 talking about seven firmaments, and Salafi/Wahaabis really struggle with this one because they want to make science fit the verse. (Hint: The Earth's atmosphere does not have seven layers).

(February 24, 2016 at 12:59 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The context and definition of life in the Quran, is that it's a mere test, a place where humans battle temptations that arise from the illusion of non-existent supervision, in other words: this is no more than a test, where human behavior would be judged.
Life must really not be important to Allah if there are all of these different religions fighting. Why not send down renewed proof to reaffirm the message so that there can be no doubt? That way only the really arrogant people would chose not to believe. It's very frustrating that nothing miraculous has happened since the time of Muhammad (unless one is Ahmadi*). Mirzā Ghulām Ahmad is kind of like Joseph Smith, just so that everyone is aware. Really surprised his Wikpedia article isn't locked, because the Saudi puppets really hate the man.

*I think Shias have a miracle claim relating to somebody dying on a battlefield somewhere (after Muhammad died), but I can remember who this person was. Maybe it was Husayn ibn Ali, but my history is not good in this respect. I am sure I will be corrected by somebody.

(February 24, 2016 at 12:59 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The test has no point if God intervened with the ways you suggested.
Even on the backs of camels, this religion reached the whole globe, and God's word that said that Islam is universal, has and did indeed, came true.
Does Allah not want to make it easy/easier for the Ummah?

If Allah is not intervening in the ways in which I suggested (i.e. the floods, cars), then maybe our lives are all just a series of random events? Think about it: If it's not Allah's making these serious events happen then our lives must just be down to chance (since Allah leaves our universe alone).

(February 24, 2016 at 12:59 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The "quran calls for killing people" argument is not valid, since this exact dilema begins and ends, with the human obsession with military institutions.
The Quran advocates peace, and the verses that call for it are all out there. Disproving them would be great, as a starter. But throwing accusations without evidence, is not convincing. Self defense is not a crime.
The Quran advocates for lots of things. Just like the Bible. It has good and not so good parts. The Bible is full of death and destruction too. The Bible says the slaves are to "come from the nations near you", and I hate that. Since I want to be fair and just, I must point out the things in the Quran too. I am sure the Jews and Christians have their lame rationalizations if one cares to look for them. If I was born in Pakistan or Saudi then I'd probably be biased in favour of the Quran.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, I opened up my copy of the Quran to a random page today... - by ReptilianPeon - February 24, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3426 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9152 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20656 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1324 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  If Mo was alive today... Fake Messiah 8 681 July 21, 2022 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4535 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2957 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49075 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12732 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 871 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker