Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman loses lawsuit over "Girls Gone Wild" video.
RE: Woman loses lawsuit over "Girls Gone Wild" video.
(July 31, 2010 at 10:13 pm)Dotard Wrote: If I go to the mall wearing skin tight speedo briefs, a tinfoil hat, and nothing else, then start doing a little kooky-dance and somebody takes a photo or video of it and posts it on youtube, do I have the right to sue him/her? Should they be arrested and convicted?
One always has the right to sue. Whether or not one wins, that is matter up to the courts.

Now reasonably, it is obvious by your actions in public, that the goodwill or implied intention by your very actions imply that you wish the attention of all, including a camera crew.

Quote:Would anybody be justified in 'victim blaming' if they claimed it was my fault that I got filmed because I decided to do a kooky-dance while wearing nothing but a speedo brief and a tinfoil hat?
If you seriously think that you can make an extreme example in a relative world and try to even link it past a remote doubt to this, you've got another thing going.

What if you were dancing at a club, and someone went over and pants'ed you? Hm? Would they have the right, or anyone else for that matter, to film and perhaps even profit from your misfortune?

I already have the answer - No. For the very same reason snuff films and acts of cruelty are illegal to manufacture/profit from (the real mccoy, not the fakey/special fx stuff that we use in movies) in this country.

The crux of the issue is, is it allowed to profit from a crime done to another, possibly by encouraging it passively or actively? I say no. The laws regarding criminality in the vein of murder and torture say no. It's a shame that a trial of our peers seems ignorant of that fact. It is undeniable.

The film crew could have cut out that section, but their action of leaving it in demonstrates, by virtue of post processing, a decision to keep and sell that footage as part of their product.

Privacy issues aside, they are directly profiting from a crime that they possibly encouraged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woman loses lawsuit over "Girls Gone Wild" video. - by Autumnlicious - August 1, 2010 at 5:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 5394 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Here are some fun things girls are learning Figbash 7 787 January 21, 2019 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Figbash
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4667 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8355 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1918 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The WLB loses Another Court Fight Minimalist 0 587 May 17, 2017 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Steve Bannon gone as chief strategist in NSC shakeup c172 5 1928 April 5, 2017 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Putin Ally threatens Nuclear War if Trump loses, says woman can't lead USA Divinity 87 11936 October 18, 2016 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  The Mormons? When A Republicunt Loses The Mormons.... Minimalist 2 575 October 12, 2016 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  What Kind of Genius Loses A Billion Dollars? Minimalist 30 4265 October 7, 2016 at 12:27 am
Last Post: InquiringMind