Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
(July 6, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Losty Wrote: I took his post to mean we can't just have people telling us what the rules will be. Poor wording, I suppose.

Well, the only one who can tell us what the rules will be around here is Tibs. So far as I can see, there's no rule against us telling you what the rules should be. The Staff refuses her suggestion, obviously, and I have no prob with that. But this continued misprojection of what was being said is irksome. She was very plain-spoken about what she wanted, but obviously lacked the authority to "tell" anyone anything. By dint of the fact that she's a member and not the site owner, she doesn't have that sway. To gloss that over is in a sense a means of coloring the picture, and that's why I pointed it out to Rob.

Words have meanings. Rob is (perhaps unconsciously?) trying to eat his cake and have it too, by equivocating "tell" and "suggest". It's only fair to point that out.

(July 6, 2016 at 3:01 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I think he meant "telling us" like "ordering us" meaning, we can take suggestions but whatever action we take needs to be accepted.

The only one who can order anything here is Tibs, and she knew that. Heatheness wasn't "ordering" anyone to do anything. She was making a suggestion -- strongly-worded, poorly presented, no doubt -- but it was a suggestion and not an order. Y'all have decided that her suggestion isn't vital. I'm cool with that. But it wasn't an order. It was her speaking her mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues - by Thumpalumpacus - July 6, 2016 at 8:40 pm
Ignore this - by bennyboy - July 9, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 690601 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum? Heatheness 702 63562 July 7, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action Shell B 94 43629 June 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  [split] Quoting Full Articles Violet 8 3833 April 27, 2010 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius