Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What God is to the Universe is what your mind is to your body
RE: What God is to the Universe is what your mind is to your body
I kind of feel like an asshole for bringing up some basic shit...but has the thought ever occurred to you, Bennyboy, that if -some- of the things you say about mind and qualia and the various sub-branches of science that study it were valid objections or criticisms.....that there would -be- no branches of science that could or indeed were studying mind..let alone producing results - however unsatisfying they are or seem to you?  I do understand some of your objections regarding those bodies of knowledge - I even share some of them with you, but we're never going to get around to that unless we can tone down the hyperbole that consumes the vast majority of our communicative efforts.

@Ark
Quote:The EM force is part of God's law of universe order.
If you say so......but it seems to me like you might have skipped a step on that one.  Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What God is to the Universe is what your mind is to your body - by The Grand Nudger - August 18, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek philosophers always knew about the causeless universe Interaktive 10 1345 September 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work. highdimensionman 16 1120 May 24, 2022 at 6:31 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  How to change a mind Aroura 0 289 July 30, 2018 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aroura
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12192 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11449 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
  Atheists, I want to know your explanation for these Out of body experiences? arda101 39 5977 January 29, 2017 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Magilla
  Mind from the Inside bennyboy 46 6049 September 18, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  If a supernatural intelligence did create the universe..... maestroanth 12 2084 April 20, 2016 at 8:36 pm
  Mind is the brain? Mystic 301 30056 April 19, 2016 at 6:09 pm
  Is personal identity really just mind? Pizza 47 6773 February 14, 2016 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky