Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 1:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
???? Is No one going to mention the nose dive clinton took at ground zero?
RE: ???? Is No one going to mention the nose dive clinton took at ground zero?
(September 14, 2016 at 3:53 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 14, 2016 at 2:55 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I'd be interested in hearing your reasons for strongly rejecting Clinton, assuming it isn't simply a strong yearning for moving beyond a two party system.  What I mean is, what is it about Hillary that you don't like other than her being grade A establishment?

The question wasn't directed at me, but as a third-party voter myself, I'll give it a go.

I don't trust her. I know all politicians play fast and loose with the truth, but she seems to engage in it to an extent that approaches gaslighting -- the sniper-fire whopper springs to mind immediately as being an attempt to recalibrate reality in the minds of others. Another aspect of my mistrust for her is her tolerance of Bill's philandering. Surely she was strong enough to stand up for herself, her dignity, when she learnt of his dalliances, yet she stayed with him anyway. Why? Why would anyone tolerate such disrespect in their own marriage?

And yes, a sincere desire to see the downfall of the two-party system informs my choice to vote third-party as well. The system is obviously broken. The two parties distract us by finger-pointing at the other, while the same old song-and-dance unfolds. You know the Internet definition of insanity; we Americans are practicing it in our politics.

You might say that, but apart from anything else, she is a human being and as such, perhaps she had a duty to stand by her husband at not just at that time, but also afterwards. Either that, or she had some long-term plan to be President-elect so, it would have been in her best interests to stay with Bill. I'll have to go with human instinct and marriage is forever lark.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ???? Is No one going to mention the nose dive clinton took at ground zero? - by RobertE - September 14, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump going to Prison? FrustratedFool 392 21501 February 22, 2024 at 2:55 am
Last Post: GUBU
  NAACP going to far? brewer 17 1280 October 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Anyone going to watch the Jan 6th hearings? Brian37 39 3603 July 28, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Going a bit far with pronoun usage again Foxaèr 20 1407 May 18, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Is The NRA Going Bye-Bye? BrianSoddingBoru4 46 2283 August 9, 2020 at 5:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  They're going to catch sh*t for this. Brian37 8 909 April 25, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  So, Brits. How's Brexit Going? Minimalist 190 16248 February 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The market and where the economy is going. Jackalope 19 2336 December 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Hillary Clinton - They ( black men) All look alike. onlinebiker 69 7748 November 3, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Clinton campaign declined Bill Maher's help cause he's an atheist. CapnAwesome 21 1664 September 21, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious