Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were social justice warriors responsible for the election outcome?
RE: Were social justice warriors responsible for the election outcome?
(November 16, 2016 at 5:29 pm)Opoponax Wrote:
(November 15, 2016 at 8:44 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: You're welcome, but we'll see if you're still thanking me later.    Cool

And that is what we will have to wait for. 

It'll be like one of those movies where a mob of unidentified people goes apeshit and commits some horrible crime.  People will first distance themselves from the event, and then a few years down the road outright deny they ever had anything to do with it. Or you can just call it The W. Factor.

(November 16, 2016 at 5:18 pm)Kosh Wrote: Maybe those folks are simply untrainable to do anything else in society?

I don't really beleive that, but I'm pretty damn sick of these lazy asses complaining how the economy has left them behind.  Go get an actual useful skill that somebody needs.  Maybe we should put telephone switchboard operators, computer.punchcard runners, or vacuum tube assemblers back to work...

I'm not even 50 and I'm in my fourth careeer due to progress.  Do I want to go back programming reports on an IBM AS/400?  No....  Do these people really want to mine coal?

Boggles the mind

Are you suggesting they pull themselves up by the bootstraps/don't seek government handouts/become rugged individualists/make their own way? 

Because that's what they've been telling those lazy, shiftless minorities to do for all these years. Or would that force them to admit that the government has legitimate role in the quality of life of its citizens? 

What a conundrum for them... well, it would be if they thought about it for half a second. But what the fuck do you tell people who believe Scalia was murdered or that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim? 

It's all so confusing.

Exactly Opo..  That's been the republicans calling card for years.  Now they are mad because they "think" the economy has left them behind.  Someone needs to open a uranium mine.  I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the Trump voters are financially better off today than they were 8 years ago, but facts don't play into this at all.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were social justice warriors responsible for the election outcome? - by Kosh - November 16, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1126 58633 May 13, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 603 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 6123 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3184 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2294 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 2181 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 838 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5493 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1637 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Social Security and wealth. Brian37 20 1146 July 9, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37