Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 1:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to convert Christians to atheists in 30 seconds (ironically, using bible)
RE: How to convert Christians to atheists in 30 seconds (ironically, using bible)
(December 6, 2016 at 11:28 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: So Catholic Church doctrine Dante's Inferno is based on Dante's Inferno Catholic doctrine, now? It doesn't even pretend to be scripture, it's literally a fantasy.

Fixed that for you.

The answer, in the corrected version, is yes.

(December 6, 2016 at 10:29 am)Mathilda Wrote: How does this work then? I mean physically. After all, we are physical beings, therefore to interact with us there have to be physical mechanisms. [1]

Some being that you call a god would need to scan every the state of every atom in the body. This information would need to saved to some sort of hard storage to be recalled at a later date. Where is this information stored?  Why haven't physicists or medical scientists ever recorded any of this information being scanned at death? How is the scanning being achieved? Say someone dies from a neurodegenerative disease, do they get resurrected in the same mentally impaired state at the point of death? What's stopping someone who died from cancer being resurrected and dying again? [2]

And are the same atoms retrieved from around the world and reassembled? Or is one carbon atom as good another? In which case are the resurrected humans just copies? Or if the original atoms were re-used, what happens if it's already a part of someone else still alive? [3]

And more importantly, are all your answers to the questions I have asked in the Bible or did you just make them up because you want to believe in the fantasy? [4]

1) The resurrection is of the body. Your body will be physically restored and reunited with your soul, but without any corruption. Those who have risen in god's friendship will be "divinized" (sorry, I can't think of a better word) in both their body and their soul. What does that mean or what will that be like? We're not really sure, but I'll take a swing at what I think it might be like.

Our own way of being human can be thought of as a "participation" in "being-itself" (which we call Christians god). We don't exist by our own power alone. Instead, we exist in-cooperation-with the power of "being-itself". We are "being" human through a participation with the power of "being-itself".

From that point of view, the "divinization" of the resurrected faithful is the additional inverse participation: i.e. the "divine-being" acts through a participation with the human-being, in addition to the human being's natural participation in the divine-being. The resurrection is an eternal divinely-human-being.

2) The resurrection will heal and restore every lacking in the unity of the human-being, simultaneously both body and soul. Everyone will be raised to the version of themselves that is "most-full".

3) All good questions for which there is freedom of thought. I don't know where I stand about them. 

4) I have tried to include in my answers my own understanding about what Jesus and the Apostles taught just as I have received those teachings 1) in the Bible, 2) in the 2000 year reflection on Christ's teachings and its lived experience by the apostolic community he started (which is called Church Tradition) and 3) in that same apostolic community's daily teaching and way of life (i.e. today's Catholic Church). I believe my explanations represent Catholic teaching (and therefore, Christ's teaching), but if they do not I would be happy to know where and how so I can correct my error.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to convert Christians to atheists in 30 seconds (ironically, using bible) - by Ignorant - December 6, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2434 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7699 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Using scripture as proof. Incoherent-Chaos 19 2666 February 23, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 23398 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  ★★ [4.3 SECOND conversion] ★★: CONVERT religious to atheist, in roughly 4.3 seconds. ProgrammingGodJordan 118 10401 January 18, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Christians take on the more nihilistic atheists henryp 63 10452 January 1, 2016 at 5:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 44115 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  The Meaning of Sin, False Christians, Atheists, and Misinterpretations TheChrist 64 14037 August 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Challenge to christians: Satan wrote the bible robvalue 120 23210 February 15, 2015 at 5:13 am
Last Post: emilynghiem
  What will it take to convert you? Spooky 126 19010 January 1, 2015 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Tonus